Chapter: [16] Kokuria 2

Gently, I take Levi's hand in mine, leading him out of the prisoner cell and putting my mask back on. My heart aches seeing his broken state - his grip on my hand feels weak, his naked torso is covered with wounds that don't seem to heal and he's clearly not able to use his kagune, which leaves him no chance to go into battles.

I snap a look to the bodies laying on the corridor's floor, the bodies of Cochlea guards that were brutally killed by a swift attack of my kagune just a moment ago. An idea comes into my mind.

"Eat them." I quickly say to Levi "It'll raise your RC level and your kagune will work."

He looks at me with disbelieving eyes, surely still being shocked from seeing me as a ghoul, but does as I told him to, dropping to his knees and digging his teeth into the warm flesh. 

After Levi is done, he stands up again, his posture straightening as he looks like he gained his strength back. Clenching his fists, he nods to me and starts moving towards the middle of the prison.

"What's our plan?"

"We will climb up and leave the same way I came in here - through the roof. Let's hope the gates are still open. If not, we'll find Aogiri and follow their lead." I tell Levi, not being entirely sure about this course of action. But, to be honest, there are not many options as for now the situation is uncertain and we'll have to adjust to whatever will be happening around.

We're still far from safety... But we'll get there, no matter what.

I try not to run too fast to stay close to Levi, as I'm sure that he is not completely recovered from whatever was happening with him in that cell. The command post doesn't seem far away as we are almost out of the northern corridor. But before we reach the end of it, two figures appear in front of us.

We stop moving. I hear Levi cursing and immediately recognize the two investigators dressed in long white CCG coats confronting us. Yeager brothers.

"Leaving already, Levi?" Zeke says smugly "I thought we were having fun here! What a bummer." He unlocks his metal suitcase slowly and methodically. "Maybe you can stay some more? And of course, as I promised, your beautiful wifey will be joining us this time." The suitcase opens up, transforming into two sharp and long metal sticks, fixating around Zeke's arms all the way up to his elbows. "Who knew she was a dirty ghoul all along! What a surprise!"

"You'll die here, ugly bastard." Levi hisses through clenched teeth, releasing his blue wings in all of their glory. 

Eren quickly reacts to the situation, taking his quinque out too, as it appears to be a big shaft with a massive wide blade at its end.

"Eren, that bitch is all yours." Zeke tells him, receiving an eager nod in response.

"Understood. You can count on me, brother." Eren says, his face forming a crazy grin.

Getting an idea on who my opponent will be, I get into a fighting stance, my body is ready to react at any second.

Zeke starts to rush towards us, loudly groaning from his core with Eren following him, directing his weapon to me. Powerfully pushing himself from the ground, Levi releases a wave of piercing blue crystals from his wings, but our opponents dodge them, quickly moving from side to side and blocking it with their weapons.

"I'll deal with this motherfucker and help you. Just hold him for a bit, ok?" Levi shouts to me over his shoulder, his eyes are pure fire.

He engages a battle with Zeke and I fully shift my attention to Eren, whose blade is now dangerously close to me. It looks even huger than from afar. He's holding it with both hands, which probably makes him slow as fuck with his moves. I'm in the lead here. Just need to dodge carefully or this shit will cut off my kagune...