Chapter: [3] Buzz

*Cover art credits @_Varrix_*

It wasn't long until Levi's first text. Apparently, he made a mental note to himself about my presentation the next day.

My phone buzzes during the lunch time I spend with Touka before our next class and a huge grin appears on my face as soon as I see the notification on the locked screen of my phone.

Levi: How'd go?

I stare at the screen for an unhealthy amount of time, re-reading those words over and over, completely disconnecting from reality. While butterflies are sending a pleasurable warm feeling across my body, the smile on my face doesn't seem to go away anytime soon.

"Y/N? Heeeellooooo" Touka waves her hand in front of my face, trying to bring my attention to her words.

"Oh! Hehe, sorry Touka-chan! Got a bit distracted." I feel a slight blush appearing on my cheeks, completely giving me away.

"So who is he?" Touka asks. Oh snap, of course she figured.

"U-um, it's nothing, really... we just met at Hime, he is a regular customer there. When I finish my shifts too late, he drives me home, since, you know, it's extremely unsafe around now..."

"U-huuh, he takes you home... What a gentleman. So is he on a thicker side?" She looks with a playful sight, narrowing her eyes on me.

"TOUKA-CHAN!" I squeal in embarrassment, almost jumping from the table "It's not like this! We're just friends!!" A crimson blush takes over my entire face.

She gives me a "u-huh, sure" look, as we start heading to the auditorium for the next class.

***

You: Hey! Just got back home. The presentation went well, thank you for asking! How is your day going?

Not thinking I'd receive an answer so soon, I jump when I hear my phone buzz.

Levi: Work is boring as usual. Did you have lunch at Kamii's?

You: Oh, sorry to hear it! I hope your usual coffee at Hime's will cheer you up then! And yeah, I had lunch there with my friend.

Levi: It won't cheer me up since you're not gonna be the one making it.

I immediately widen my eyes at his message, feeling my cheeks on fire. Crap, he's making me nervous as fuck!

You: Aww, I'm sure my colleagues will treat you well. But you're my favourite customer so I treat you better!

Should I add a wink? No, too bold. Is it? Ahh!

Levi: I guess you're my favourite waitress then. What are you doing right now?

You: I'm about to take a bath and watch some Netflix before preparing dinner! Then I'll probably reorganise my Polaroids. What about you?

Levi: Polaroids? Are you into photography?

You: Oh, yes! Nothing serious, it's just a hobby. I don't have a professional camera so I take the majority of them with my phone and my small polaroid camera!

Levi: Interesting. I love taking pictures, I actually have a nice camera, it's a Nikon D70. By the way, I'm coming back home in a minute too. Take a shower and then maybe do some work from home.

Is he not going to Hime's then? Is it because I'm not there? No, he is probably tired from work. Right?

And god, the thought of him, of his body, while taking a shower makes me even redder than I already am. What is this man doing to me?

You: You already worked all day long! You should take some rest, maybe watch a movie or something?

Levi: I like to work from home, less noisy and less people around. What movie should I watch? I know you like romance dramas but I don't feel like watching one right now.

He remembers! It was one of the first topics we discussed during our conversations at Hime's. I drop my phone on my bed for a minute to realise how happy I'm feeling right now. I look at myself in the mirror: this smile. It's all because of him.

***

We basically spent hours texting about nothing and everything. Levi genuinely looks like he wants to get to know me better and better. How the fuck am I so lucky to get a man like him interested in me?

It's almost midnight and all of this excitement has drained me.

You: Well, I'm heading to bed! Have a good night, Levi! I'll see you tomorrow evening?

Levi: Alright, thank you for keeping me company. I actually managed not to overwork and relax because of you. Goodnight, Y/N, see you tomorrow.

Putting my phone in charge, I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and then change into my pajamas. Turning on the TV to help me sleep, I go from channel to channel not finding anything entertaining if not some reality show about baking. I'm not really paying attention to it anyways, since my mind is stuck with the thought of Levi and his beautiful face. And voice. And body. And manners. Ugh! If I keep going like this I won't be able to sleep all night.

Right when I'm about to close my eyes, I hear my phone buzz once again.

Levi: Y/N, you awake?

You: Yes, what's wrong?

Levi: I was thinking, since you told me you're into photography. There's a place about one hour drive away from Tokyo. The nature is very beautiful there. Would you like to come there with me to take some pictures on your next day off?

Oh. My. God. Is he asking me on a date? I lay a hand on my chest feeling my heartbeat going faster and faster.

You: I would love to! My next day off is on Saturday. Would that work?

Levi: Saturday. Perfect. We'll discuss the details during the week then. Goodnight, Y/N.

After sending him a goodnight text back, I turn off my phone and look at the ceiling.

Levi just asked me on a date. Well, he didn't call it a date, but it definitely is one! I'm so excited that I think I won't close an eye tonight. Worth it though.

I have a date with Levi Ackerman.