Chapter: [6] Safe place

"Do you really believe he is our best option, Yoshitoki-san?"

"He is very experienced when it comes to ghouls and has already done several jobs for the CCG. Not for the record, of course. We hired him for many cases that needed a different...approach. Although, I understand your concern about him joining the CCG officially. His personality, is that what you worry about, Maru?"

"Yes. To be honest, this man is fucking nuts."

"I'm aware. But that is what makes him unique. Don't forget the amount of information he possesses, ready to share it with the CCG if we place him on the Blue-winged case. He kinda reminds me of Mado... CCG lost a great value with his death. Think of it as a replacement. Another old crazy man with excellent fighting skills." Yoshitoki says with a chuckle.

"I wonder if it's personal. Well, if it is, then it's only to our advantage. Speaking of Blue-winged. What's the current state of the case?" Marude asks.

"Nothing much. His hunting locations have changed. He still kidnaps on the outskirts, but now on different sides of the city. He is still hard to track, since there are no traces left. His car is the only hint. But we still can't determine the registration number of it. I guess we are stuck. Let's hope the fresh blood will help us achieve..."

Two loud knocks on the office entrance interrupt Yoshitoki.

"Speaking of which, here he is." Marude says, smirking.

"Come in."

Marude and Yoshitoki stand up from their chairs to greet a tall man who enters a room, following the assistant lady.

"Bureau Director Washuu, Special class investigator Marude" the lady announces "Kenny Ackerman is here to see you."

***

Days slip by one after another. Completely overwhelmed by my feelings for Levi, I fall asleep and wake up with a smile on my face every day, reading his "good morning" and "good night" texts. We still stay at Hime's after closing for coffee, but not as often as before. Now we usually leave right after closing and go to some street food stalls, if I crave a late-night snack, to book or manga stores, or just ride around Tokyo night streets on his bike.

You know, like we're properly dating. But not exactly dating.

Levi still hasn't made any move towards me and I feel too awkward to be the one who does it first. Especially after my reckless invitation to have coffee at my place after our first date. All we have is some slight touching, cheeks kissing and exchanges of blushing faces here and there.

Oh well. I guess he is an I-like-to-take-it-slow kinda guy.

Today was both my and Levi's day off. I wake up in my bed and reach for my phone.

As expected, there's a message from Levi.

Levi: Good morning. Have you woken up?

You: Morning! Yes, I just did! Feels good to oversleep.

Levi: I'm glad you rested well. You need it with this crazy schedule of yours. I was wondering if I can take you out for brunch. Sadly, I already ate mine, since I had a morning workout session and needed some carbs to burn. But I'm down for coffee and you can get whatever you want.

Thoughts of Levi in the gym completely take over my mind. I've been craving his body for such a long time now, that every time he mentions going to the gym or taking a shower, my body responds with an explosive wave of excitement from the emerging fantasies.