Chapter: [7] Afraid

I've been trying to work hard for the whole last week, so I could earn the shift change I asked Hiroshi-san for. Even if he told me there was no problem with it, I still want to deserve a favour like this. I'm really looking forward to spending some time away with Levi.

Almost ready to open Hime's to the public, I go towards the glass door to unlock it. As soon as I do so, I turn to the counter to get the coffee machine ready. Suddenly, I hear the door opening and locking. I soon find myself restrained with a hand covered in a black glove on my mouth.

Stupidly, I try to scream but obviously the only thing that comes out is a muffled noise.

"Don't try anything stupid or I'll cut you. Now walk to the cash register and empty it to this bag" a raspy manly voice whispers in my ear. His breath stinks of alcohol and it's only 7 am. I feel like I'm going to throw up.

The man passes me a black bag and kicks me on my back to make me walk forward to the cash register. Shaking, I walk to the counter slowly, until I'm directly facing not one but two burglars whose faces are covered by some white ski masks. As I try to calm down since I can't even open the register with my shaky hands, I remember that I have a button I can press that immediately alerts the police. I just have to press it without them seeing...

The tall and drunk one is keeping an eye out from the glass window. The other is looking directly at me.

"Bitch, what are you waiting for?!" The shorter one shouts at me, coming closer.

I step back, not knowing what to do and how to reach for the damn button. Cornering me to the end of the counter, It's now or never. I kick my leg back to reach the red plastic button and press it as hard as I can. Unfortunately, my movement doesn't go unnoticed.

"What did you do?!" He comes closer to me and grips me from my shoulders, hurting me, so I move away. He sees the red button. "You damn bitch!"

I sprint to climb over the counter but he starts to chase me between the tables. I suddenly smash on a tall body. Shit!

"Gotcha, bitch."

The tall one, not looking out anymore, has now reached me. He kicks me on the stomach so I fall to the ground. Twisting my arm, he makes me lay on my tummy as he places his weight on my back to restrain me. I try to move but I'm completely blocked. I feel air suddenly missing from my lungs.

"Let me go!" I scream, tears running on my cheeks. My heartbeat is rising, cold sweat is forming on my forehead.

"Shut up!" The man on top of me yells, yanking my hair so I keep my face glued to the ground while I struggle to keep my eyes open. Oh god. I...I already felt this...Not again.

***

"But mommy, can you read one more please! Prettyyyy please!!"

"Sweetheart, but you have to wake up early for school tomorrow morning. Aren't you excited?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, the sooner you fall asleep, the faster you wake up and see all of your new friends, right? We're gonna read some more tomorrow, ok?"

"Ooookkk...."

"Alright, little princess. Goodnight."

A woman stands from the little girl's bed, kissing her to the forehead and leaving the room.

The time passes, as the little girl falls asleep, dreaming of beautiful fairytales. She sleeps until the loud sounds of blows, heavy footsteps and heart-rending screams of her mother wake her up.