Chapter: [15] Kokuria 1

Levi's POV

Small drops of blood fall on the floor with a regular rhythm, the sound of the chains that prevent me from any movement resounds on the walls of my dark and cold cell. Drop after drop, I stare with hollow eyes at a random spot on the floor, trying not to heed the immense physical pain I am experiencing in every part of my body. I know pain, I can handle it. Yet the one I feel, being kept away from the only person I have ever loved, is unbearable. My heart aches. But I know she's fine and safe. That's enough for me to keep going until the end.

The gate creaks, only to be slammed hard and closed. The figure I see appearing is now familiar to me, that shitty beardo Zeke Yeager now behaves as if he was my cellmate. He comes here at least 3 times a day trying to pull information from me by beating me to a pulp.

"Good Morning Levi! Slept well?" His annoying voice resonates in my ears like nails on a blackboard. I do not answer, I just spit the collected in my mouth blood on the ground, hoping to catch his shoes.

"So, did you think of anything?" Zeke asks me, sticking a hand into my hair which is now mixed with dry blood, as he turns my face towards his.

I glare at him, hoping I will soon be able to kill him. Unfortunately, that moment never seems to come, since I'm being sentenced to death in the maximum security prison for ghouls. Every day I get injected with a serum that I suppose is used to keep me from using my kagune.

I look at Zeke walking to the counter where he keeps all of the tools he has been using on me, as he places his glasses there neatly. He proceeds to take his coat off and hangs it on a chair. Rolling his sleeves up, he comes back in front of me.

Zeke's fist collides with my right cheek, making me choke on my own blood. I don't flinch.

"I'm getting tired of you, Levi." He whines, grabbing my shoulder and hitting me on the stomach with his knee. I cough and continue to stare at him blankly. I know getting on his nerves will probably make this worse, but who cares, I've got nothing to lose.

Pulling a taser out of his pocket, Zeke places it on the side of my neck, pressing the button to start it. An immense burning radiates throughout my body, I try to clench my teeth and suppress my screams of pain. After a while, Zeke turns it off and grunts. Sighing, he takes a seat in front of me.

"Now, I didn't want to get to this. However, you left me no choice. A little bird told me you have a wife. I mean, that beautiful girl who lived with you. Do you remember her?"

As if my heart stopped, listening to his words, I instinctively turn my gaze to Zeke, my breath becoming more and more erratic. He smirks.

Fuck.

"She'll probably be dead worried about your absence. In fact, she'll be curled up in a corner of her room crying. Does she know you are a shitty ghoul? I bet she does. He must love you very much to accept your dirty nature."

My jaw clenches as he comes closer to my face once again.

"Found your weak spot, huh? Well, wouldn't it be a shame if I got her arrested too? I mean, she clearly has violated the ghoul countermeasure article 119, concealing a ghoul like this. I just need to pull some strings to get her name. And just so you know... there's precedence for that being a death sentence."

My blood boils inside every single vein of my body, as I desperately try to free myself from the chains that restrain me from killing this piece of shit with my bare hands.

"I would make sure she gets the same treatment as you, of course. Who knows if she will bear the pain as well as you do."

"Shut your fucking mouth!" I yell at him, gritting my teeth as my chest rises up due to my heavy breathing, my words coming out of my mouth raspy.