2. Captivating Eyes

Maratha Bank- Mumbai

A bank employee knocked on the office doors of Regional manager, who was also their branch manager. After getting the permission he went inside.

'Good evening ma'am.' he said and Leher who was looking into her laptop and some files, side by side, looked up and greeted back with a smile.

'Kuch chahiye tha?' she asked him and he replied while handing her some papers 'Ma'am kal ek account mein more than 9 crore transfer hua hai.'

Leher's eyes widened. That was too much. It's actually a protocol that all the banks follow- if any unusually big transaction is observed, then it is a matter of great attention.

Leher went through the papers and it was actually true. The account was empty from long time and then suddenly a big transaction?

'Kiske naam par hai account?' Leher mumbled and began flipping the page to go to first page byt the employee replied her first. 'Vivaan Agnihotri ke naam par hai.'

Leher thought for a second 'Vivaan Agnihotri?..........As in 'The Agnihotris' wala Vivaan Agnihotri?' she asked him and the man nodded.

Ok so the account owner belongs to a rich family. Endlessly rich, to be precise. But they have to follow the protocol.

'Aaj toh time ho gaya hai..........Kal fir se mere paas ye papers lekar aana.' she told the employee and he left.

Leher grabbed her things, locked her cabin and then began making her way out. She sat in her black Thar, yes you read it right, Mahindra Thar🤭 and as she was putting seat belt, the door of the passenger seat opened and Disha hopped inn, banging the door hard.

'Excuse me?.......Kya mai jaanti hoon aapko?' Leher asked her in a serious tone and Disha nodded sheepishly.

'Aaj maine tere ghar night-stay krna hai.......Chalo!' she replied with childish smile.

'Par maine ghar ni jana hai abhi..........pehle mai bakery jaungi, fir raat ko ghar.' Leher informed her while starting the car.

'Pata hai mujhe!............Mai bhi tere saath jaungi.' Disha said and Leher agreed.

'Seat belt daal le.' Leher said to which Disha replied while putting seat belt 'Insaano ki tarah chalana!'

Leher smirked and sped off like a crazy girl she sometimes becomes😏.

Leher pulled at the place she always parks her car and came out of the car along with Disha. As the sweet aroma filled their nostrils from across the road only, Leher gazed at the medium sized building in front of them.

This place feels so good. It brings back all her childhood memories of her mother and their small, messy but full of fun baking sessions. The shop was very small at time and hardly anyone knew about it. But it is famous now. It's not only a bakery but a cake decorating business and a small restauraunt well, and a famous one across Mumbai. Only if her mother was here to see this.🥺❤

Leher shook off all her thoughts and made her way across the road with Disha.

As they entered, she was greeted by the girl whose shift was going to be over as receptionist and then few regular customers who were enjoying their day.

Leher and Disha walked inside the back room of and Leher went inside washroom while Disha kept standing outside. Leher came out wearing a red collar T-shirt and jeans, which the uniform of people working here and then wore her red cap which said 'Smilies', the name of the shop.