18. Addicted to

Next Night

Kartavya came out of house of his 'special friend' for the night and unlocked his car through the button on the keys. As he came out of gate he received a call, it was his father.

'Kartavya! Raat ke 2 baj rahe hain! Kahan ho tum?!' his father asked in an angry tone. Kartavya looked back at the main door of the house where his 'special friend' was standing with just a sheet wrapped around her naked body and replied while winking at her 'Ek friend ke ghar pe hoon Dad' The girl chuckled at him shyly.

'Abhi ke abhi ghar aao!' his father said in a desperate and stern tone. Kartavya's eyebrows furrowed. He asked 'Dad sab theek hai na?'

'Kartavya meri baat dhyaan s-' before he could speak anything the phone hung. Kartavya tried to call him once more it said that the number was switched off. Kartavya shrugged, waved at his 'special friend', sat in the car and drove away.

He was driving through the dead silent road which had lights only at few points and rest dark.

Kartavya spent his night well and rest of it he will spend by sleeping peacefully. Yes their company went bankrupt but they still had a good fortune left to them by ancestors. The thought of bankruptcy made him smirk.

He took a good revenge from Viraaj Agnihotri. Leher was indeed strong, she shot each and every men and for a second he doubted if he would make it out alive. But he did. And he doesn't have to worry about her proud and arrogant husband because her condition was so bad, that he was definitely sure she died on her way back home. 

Poor Viraaj! Even after being such a powerful businessman.............he could not even avenge his beloved wife's death!

Just when Kartavya was thinking all this, his eyes widened and he immediately applied brakes to his car. The car stopped with a jolt and Kartavya looked out of his car with wide eyes. He was damn sure that something jumped in front of his car. Kartavya steadied his racing heartbeat and prayed that it was just a thing and not a person and even if it was a person, he was alive. 

He got out of his car and saw that it was indeed a person. The person was lying with his back towards Kartavya and was struggling hard because his hands were tied behind his back. Kartavya gulped and looked here and there, the place was deadly isolated.

Kartavya slowly walked closer to the person and made him turn. A gasp left his mouth and he excliamed 'Dad!!' Kartavya's father had a tape sealing his mouth and was struggling hard to get free from the ropes and was trying to say something to Kartavya.

'Dad! Dad ye kisne kiya aapke saath!' Kartavya asked while removing the tape from his mouth. His father breathed and said in a fearful and desperate tone 'Kartavya! Kartavya......beta bhag jaa yahan se! Bhag jaa!'

Kartavya who was trying to open his ropes looked at him with a frown but before he could even loosen the ropes, Kartavya heard a cling sound and great pain struck him behind his head.