24. Innocent Lives

Next Evening

Yashvardhan stormed inside the Agnihotri Mansion and didn't have to yell or much make effort because he found the whole family in the hall itself. They all were struck with grief and fear. But he wasn't bothered about them right now.............right now he wanted to deal with the man who was standing coldly and almost lifelessly, without even blinking, in a corner.

Yashvardhan lashed out on Viraaj and pulled him by his collars. Viraaj's men who were scattered all around in the mansion, were about to interrupt but Viraaj showed them a hand. 

'Kahan hai meri beti!?' Yashvardhan yelled furiously at Viraaj and Viraaj kept his cold gaze on him. Yashvardhan observed his bloodshot eyes and all his veins puffed up. He was very visibly going through a bad phase emotionally but that didn't matter to Yashvardhan because right now nothing can calm her except her daughter's face.

Viraaj clutched his father-in-laws both hands and jerked them off his collar. 'Mujhe pata hota toh mai abhi tak yahan nhi hota!' he said gritting his teeth.

'Zaroor tumne meri beti ko kuch kiya!..............Zaroor tumne mujhse bdla lene ke liye meri beti ke saath kuch kiya hai!..........' Viraaj ran a hand on his face out of frustration as he heard the accusations of his father-in-law.

'......Meri beti ko kuch krne ke baare mein-'

'AAPKI BETI BIWI HAI MERI!!!!!!.............PYAAR KRTA HOON USS SE............KUCH KRNA HOTA TOH PEHLI BAARI MEIN KAR DETA!!!' Viraaj yelled on top of his voice and then their was pin-drop silence. 

Yashvardhan slumped back on a sofa behind him and tears rolled down his face as he said in a croaked tone and small voice 'Toh fir tumhare hote hue bhi vo log kaise le gaye meri bacchi ko?'

Viraaj sighed at his father-in-laws condition. He was so true. They came, they took his life with them and he stood there on the road helplessly.

'Sb meri vajah se hua hai.' A small whisper reached their ears and they all looked towards Vedika who was crying silently. Daksh went upto her and said while placing a hand on her head and calming her down 'Teri koi galati nhi hai beta............' he eyed every man present in the hall and then said '.......hum bhi pata nhi kar paaye ki Adharv Malhotra Xang se mila hua hai!'

Vedika sobbed more on this statement. Viraaj walked upto her and Vedika threw her arms aroud his torso, Viraaj gazed at a distance while caressing her head.

Just then, Viraaj phone rang. It was Vivaan.

'Bhai yahan sab aapse milna chahte hain!' Vivaan informed him.

'Mai nhi milna chahta.' Viraaj simply said and it was Ved's voice which replied 'Bhai!.........Bohot zaroori information milli hai aur..................Senior members Don se jawab chahte hain!'

Viraaj's jaw clenched and he hung the call.

Andheri

'Kya information milli?' Viraaj asked while entering the meeting room of the Ganghouse and where his two brothers, Ahaan and some other men were also standing. He just had a heated argument with the senior most members on how someone kidnapped their Donna while she was very much in Don's presence.