14. Burning Water

Leher didn't feel good. She didn't like attention and she was getting plenty of it here. People looked at her, not in a bad way or insulting way, but they looked at her out of curiosity. No matter what, Leher didn't feel good. She felt anxious.

At some moment, things became more difficult because unknowingly and unintentionally, her family left her alone and got busy with their friends and all. Leher sighed and turned to leave and sit in the car but stopped as she saw someone standing behind her.

The man looked same age as her and he was wearing a black tux. He smiled at Leher in a very friendly way and Leher reciprocated the smile. He looked at her as if he knew her very well. 

'Kya mai aapko jaanti hoon?' Leher asked him very politely and with uncertainty in her voice. The man gave a half smile and said 'Nahi.........magar janne mein koi harz nhi hai! Right?'

Leher smiled at his joking tone and charming smile and he said while forwarding his hand 'Hi! I'm Kartavya................Kartavya Ahuja!'

'Kartavya Ahuja?!........As in Ahuja enterprises ke next CEO Kartavya Ahuja?!' Leher asked with a little surprise in her voice and the man Kartavya nodded while chuckling.

Leher gladly shook his hand and said 'Leher Agnihotri!'

'Toh Mrs. Agnihotri.............do you mind my company?' he asked her while smiling and that's how they both started talking and getting to know each other. They talked about random stuff and things. Kartavya cracked some bad jokes and that's what made her like him more. They both were sitting on a table and talking to each other.

Kartavya was talking about something very interesting and Leher was listening to him with keen interest. Kartavya kept on talking and while talking he leaned forward a little and brushed away a strand of hair away from her forehead while she didn't bothered to say anything due to the conversation they were having.

It was, when a feather like thing came upon her collarbone from someone's dress and Kartavya could have picked it up but he deliberately brushed it away so that he touched her neck and collar bone, that Leher felt a little uncomfortable.

He became silent for a moment and stared intensely at Leher, while she felt uncomfortable under his gaze. 'Tum bohot sundar ho Leher.' he calmly and Leher knew that he was going somewhere he shouldn't.

'I know right!' Leher stiffened at the calm and familiar voice that came from her behind and Leher wondered if only she found it dangerous or was it clear to Kartavya as well. Leher looked at Kartavya and could see from his wide eyes and facial expression that he thought the same.(Kartavya Buddy!..........Aapke FATHER aaye hain!😂😂)

From behind her, Viraaj came in her view. He smiled at Kartavya who stood up on seeing him. 

'Sir!' Kartavya said while acknowledging him and Viraaj looked him up and down, his hands in his pockets. 

'Kartavya, right?' he asked in an uncertain tone and Kartavya nodded like an obedient child. 

'Kartavya Dad se kehna ki meri properties par jo vo illegal kaam krte hain usse bnd krne ke liye unhe mai bohot waqkt dunga, vo tension na lein..............aur vaise bhi.............' he stepped forward and continued while tightening Kartavya's tie to which Kartavya flinched '..........mai konsa logon ki jaan leta firta hoon?'

Viraaj tried his best to say it in a joking way but he couldn't hide his dangerous and threatening tone from both the people standing with him. Leher looked at Kartavya who had already paled. And now Leher knew that he knows............not only him but everyone here knows who her husband is.