17. Thirsty For Blood

Everything happened so early and quick.

This thought was the only one Leher was getting from past few hours. She was standing behind the counter of the bakery and waiting for all the leftover customers to leave so that she could leave as well.

3 months. It just took her three months of marriage to fall for Viraaj and then they consummated their marriage. Was it really love or just a side effect of living with an extremely hot and attractive man?

Okay on a serious note...............Are these feelings true? Or it's just her imagination and he doesn't even feel a bit of it?

Fuck! Overthinking is really a killer!

Leher glanced at the clock and it had already struck nine. She picked up all the her belongings, told aunty that she was leaving so that she can handle the shop.

'Leher?..........Beta tune kabhi apne husband se nhi milvaya?' Leher was a little taken aback by her question but she soon smiled and replied 'Haan vo aunty......thode busy rehte hain na.............iss liye.' Indeed he remains busy with.............stuff😶.

Aunty replied while pouting 'Itna vi kya bussy rehta hai..................Viraaj Agnihotri se shaadi kar li hai kya tune?' Leher's eyes widened and she almost choked on her saliva. When she realized that it was just a mere joke, she laughed nervously. 'Kya aunty aap bhi!' she said while laughing nervously. Indeed she is married to Viraaj Agnihotri🙂.

Leher tied the dupatta of her suit around her neck, bid her farewell and began making her way outside. When she was near the door, she saw big rose flowers kept in a vase on the table. Leher smiled at them and picked up one. As soon as she touched it, the thorn on it hurt her finger. Leher stared at the unusually big thorns of the  rose in daze. They were too big for a normal flower. But then she smiled as she realized that the petals were also unusually long and beautiful.

Leher sat in her car and drove away. 

When she reached on that isolated road which lead to their mansion, Leher picked up the rose once again and smiled at it while driving. 

Someone jumped infront of the car and Leher applied brakes with a scream. Leher's lungs came out in her mouth as she stared at the road ahead of her with wide eyes and fear.

She immediately jumped down the car and ran to help the one she had injured. But to her surprise...................there was no one.

Leher looked here and there and could not locate even a single being in her vision. Leher turned to sit in her car and that's when it happened...........................A sound of thud and she felt immense pain in the back of her head.

She fell like a lifeless thing on the road and winced in pain. The hand which unconsciously held rose in it, was extended on the road and Leher looked at it. She could not shift her focus from the rose to the feet which were approaching her.

The feet stopped near her hand and one of them crushed the rose a little below it.

Leher looked up at the figure hovering over her and could not even give a shocked expression seeing Kartavya's evil smirk. Not only Kartavya................Leher could now sense many men around her and she knew that they wanted her bad.

'Aap batayiye Papa.............Ahuja's ko bankrupt kar dena...........ye kahan ki smjhdari hai?!' Daksh asked his father Ashok furiously as they all sat in the main hall of the mansion, each family member.

Ashok sighed and looked at his grandson, who was not paying any heed to any of this and dialing phone to someone again and again. It was already 10 and Leher had not returned. Viraaj knew that his men were always behind her but still he was very calmly listening to all his father was saying about him and calling his wife at the same time, who was not picking up his phone.