Chapter 29

KUYA'S CASE WON! Congressman Cruz was sentenced for another 40 Years. God, it was a f*cking stressful case. Hell, I was proud of myself. First case back to Manila and I already won it!

Sa ngayon, Kuya is still on leave so, ako muna ang nasa MGI. I told him the news and he was overall ecstatic.

I'm on my way to the board room. May contract ako na kailangang ipa-sign for our clients. Partnered with R.I.

"Good morning, everyone. This will be quick." I smiled and sat on the middle chair. I explained what will happen if they decided to back out and some other proposal.

"So, Architect Cassandra from Rome Industries, has the Sketch of your house, is there something you wanna change?" I asked her. I don't know who the hell is the engineer in this project. Wala silang ibinibigay na name. Basta hindi daw galing sa amin.

"Yes. Actually Attorney, can we have a pool and like rest chairs in the backyard?" The woman asked.

I talked to the architect and said it was big enough for the clients request but it will take more time. "Ma'am, it is possible as long as you are willing to wait. The estimation last time we met was nine months minimum as per talking to the Architect. Hindi pa siya sure of what is the estimation of the whole house."

"Twelve months." I heard a man said. Nangunot naman ang noo ko.

"Excuse me?" My brows furrowed.

"I'm Engineer Sean Liam Garcia, Head Engineer of this project." He smiled playfully and he offered a hand. "I'm sorry. Medyo na-late, Ma'am. I just went to the site," he talked to our client.

"You, little f*cking sh*t," I whispered to myself. "Attorney Issabella Louisse Montemayor, you may now take your seat." I smiled sarcastically and shooked his hand.

"We already discussed this on the last meeting. We didn't make a final decision for the pool yet because you weren't at the meeting that time," he explained.

"I was busy, obviously." I rolled my eyes. "So, I will finalize the project so, we can sign it next week. I need a blueprint of the house before two in the afternoon, Engineer, and the sketch, Architect. Meeting Adjourned." I walked out of the board meeting.

I Still Have to go to Rome industries para i-sign ang construction ng firm namin. I parked my car and went to the receptionist.

Ipinakita ko ang ID ko and pinapasok ako sa board room. Nandoon din sina Natalie waiting for me and like 10 more people.

"I'm sorry, I'm late. May inasiko lang." I went to my chair.

When the meeting started. A man opened the door.

"Engineer," the girl attorney greeted the man. She kissed his cheek and went to his seat.

"You're here again." He looked at me amused.

"Yes, shut up and let's get this contract signed." I rolled my eyes. Sina Jonna ay natatawa na lang sa aming dalawa.

Napaka-troll ng universe. Lagi na lang kaming nagkikita. Nagsasawa na ako sa mukha nito. I was zoning out when they're discussing the project.

"Miss Montemayor," he called my attention. "Is there something you wanna change?" He mocked me when I was in a meeting with him kanina.

"None. It's fine, Engineer," I said and got my pen out of my pocket and started writing notes again.

"Okay, then. We're all settled, Engineer Garcia. Will update you to his team and will inform you when will be the groundbreaking," The girl Attorney said.