Chapter 1: Xena and Gabrielle's Discovery, Escaping the Nazis And The Wrong Boat

Opening Scene: Xena and Gabrielle look through the living room closet at their cabin. After helping Agents Shaw and Panos solve the Callisto case, Xena and Gabrielle decide to go back to Sedona. Gabrielle's college, AU- Sedona, has been working on a building dedicated to science, especially archeological research. In honor of Xena and Gabrielle, the college is naming the building The Mel Pappas and Janice Covington School Of Science and Research, and asked the duo if they could donate works by Mel and Janice, which Xena and Gabrielle were more than happy to contribute.

Gabrielle stands on a step stool as she reaches for items on the second shelf and hands them to Xena, "Mel and Janice would be honored by what the college is doing for them." Gabrielle says as she gives Xena Mel's suitcase. "After all these decades, final recognition for two of the best archeologists that this era has known."

"Well, if it wasn't for them keeping the Chakram safe, we may not have reunited." Xena says, smirking. Xena looks over to the coat rack to see Janice's hat hanging there. She smiles, looks at Gabrielle and asks, "Should we donate Janice's hat?"

Gabrielle looks at Xena and then the hat, smiles and says, "Well, we are donating Mel's glasses; it would make sense to donate the hat also."

Xena smiles at Gabrielle and asks, "Is that everything?"

Gabrielle looks and sees something tucked way back into the corner. She tries to reach it, looks at Xena, and says, "There's something back there, but I can't get it!" She tries to reach for it, but to no avail. She says angrily, "I wish I were as tall as you!"

Suddenly the step stool gives way, and Gabrielle falls into Xena's arms. Xena looks into Gabrielle's eyes, gives her a smirk, and says, "I don't!"

"Oh really!" Gabrielle says a little seriously with her arms around Xena's neck. "Why's that?!?"

"Because I wouldn't be able to catch you and do this without dropping you!" Xena says as she gently kisses Gabrielle, then sets her down. "Let me get whatever up there!" Xena grabs the step stool and steps on it as Gabrielle seductively smiles at her. Xena reaches deep into the top shelf and grabs something.

"What is it?" Gabrielle asks.

"It feels like a book!" Xena says as she brings it out of the closet. She stares at the black leather-bound book and opens the cover. "Wow!"

"What is it!' Gabrielle asked with an exciting look on her face.

"It appears to be a journal written by Mel & Janice!" Xena says, shocked as she hands it to Gabrielle.

Gabrielle turns around, walks to the couch and opens the cover and the first page; she gets a shocked look on her face and says, "Xena! This is a journal about their time in South America!" Gabrielle reads the title and says, "Xena, this is about how they came in contact with the Phoenix Of The ancient Gods!"

"You mean the same phoenix that we dealt with when Ares tried to resurrect all of the Olympian Gods and Goddesses that I killed bsck in the twilight of the Gods?!" Xena says shocked as she walks to Gabrielle and looks at the journal. Xena sees the title and it says "Our Adventures In South America And The Legend of The Phoenix Of The Ancient Gods'' by Melinda "Mel" Pappas and Janice Covington.

Xena and Gabrielle get an intriguing look on their faces and Gabrielle says, "We need to read this! I want to know how they came in contact with the Phoenix!

———————

A few minutes later, Xena and Gabrielle sit on the couch, and Gabrielle opens the cover. "This is amazing!" Gabrielle says. "Are you ready!"

"Yeah!" Xena says. "Let's do this!"

Gabrielle turns a couple of pages and starts reading as the scene cuts to a road in Greece, 1941. Janice is driving an old truck while Mel is seated next to her, looking over her shoulder.