Chapter 16: Legend of the Phoenix, Into Central America and Plans Foiled

Kaue looks at Janice, smirks, and says, "You doubt me child."

Janice looks at him, seeing the seriousness in his face and says, "It's just that I'm sort of a skeptic when it comes to people seeing things in a paranormal state as far as foreshadowing the future. It's not my realm of study. I apologize if I offered you."

"It is ok if you have doubts." Kaue says as he gets up and walks to a covered stand. He takes off the cover revealing the phoenix. The trio's eyes get wide as he sets the phoenix across from them and sits back down.

"Oh my!" Mel says.

"Increíble!" Pablo says.

Janice looks at the phoenix with amazement and says, "Wow! The Pheonix of the Ancient Gods! Right here! Right in front of us!"

Kaue looks at the trio and then says, "The legend of the Phoenix of the Ancient Gods has been passed down for centuries. It is said that over a thousand years ago, a god appeared in front of my ancestors. He said he was from the land of Olympus, and he had with him this very relic. He gave it to my ancestors and told them that the Phoenix was forged by the spirits of the Gods and Goddesses that were killed in the twilight of the gods by the warrior princess. This god then said that if the phoenix should get into the wrong hands, all those who were killed by the warrior princess shall rise again and wreak havoc on the known world."

"Who was this God? And why did he give it to your ancestors?" Janice asks.

"A god by the name of Hercules." Kaue says.

"The demi-God?" Mel asks.

"Yes. He was one of the Gods that survived. He and the warrior princess were good friends. He helped put her on the path of goodness and light. He told my ancestors that he was hiding it from his brother, Ares, the god of war."

"Yeah, we know Ares!" Janice says. "Go on."

"He said that if it got into the wrong hands, all of the Olympian Gods who perished during the twilight would live again." Kaue says. "This land was not discovered yet, but my ancestors roamed it. He knew it was a safe place. Now that the phoenix is known I am afraid the wrong person will get it. There is an evil man who is near who wants the phoenix."

"Cortez!" Pablo says.

"Yes, my child." Kaue says. "He wants to get the phoenix at any cost. He wants to release the god of war from his tomb so they would rule the world."

"Ares doesn't care about Cortez!" Janice says. "He will kill him on the spot then release the fallen gods!"

"And then The fallen gods will stake claim to the world again." Mel says seriously.

"This is more reason why we've come." Pablo says.

"I have foreseen that he will wipe out my tribe to get to it." Kaue says seriously. "That is why to save my tribe, I must entrust the three of you to take the phoenix where it will be safe."

"You can count on us!" Mel says reassuring him.

"Don't worry; we will handle this." Janice says

"We will deliver it to the Mexican government, who will secure it. If Cortez sets foot in Mexico, he will be shot on the spot!" Pablo says. 

"You have a personal stake in this Dr. Leon." Kaue says as Pablo gets a severe look o his face. "You want him dead more than anything. He took your family from you." A tear rolls down Pablo's face as he thinks about Catalina and their unborn child. Kaue puts his hand on Pablo's shoulder and says, "They are with you my child, remember this." Pablo wipes away the tear and Kaue then says, "He will arrive here in two days. We are a day from Central America. You may stay the night and leave early in the morning. Please! I don't want him wiping out my tribe! You three are our only hope."