Chapter 7: Advice From The Gods, The Celebration, And True Love Is In Their Eyes

The next morning, Xena and Gabrielle sit on the couch with the journal. "I knew it!" Xena exclaims with a smirk on her face."

"Knew what?" Gabrielle asks.

"I knew Mel and Janice would end up together." Xena says adamantly.

"We don't know that for sure, Xena." Gabrielle says. Xena raises her right eyebrow in disagreement and Gabrielle smiles and says, "Yes, there is an attraction there between those two, but we are halfway through this journal! Who knows when it will happen! Or even if it happens."

"Come on, Gabrielle!" Xena says. "We are soulmates! Who's to say Mel and Janice weren't soulmates too! Even the fortune-teller told them this!"

"That's true." Gabrielle says.

"Ok, let's make a bet!" Xena says, smirking at Gabrielle. "I say they have sex after the party that night."

"You're on! Ok! I say they will make love at the end of this story!" Gabrielle says, smiling. "If I win, I get a romantic dinner!"

"You want me to cook! That's funny!" Xena says, laughing a bit. "If I win, you have to detail the bike."

"That's it!?!" Gabrielle proclaims.

"In that sexy 2-piece bikini you got a month ago!" Xena says with a sly smirk on her face.

"And have Joxer walk by! Hell no!" Gabrielle says. "He'll be hitting on me all over again like he did back in ancient times!"

"I'll send him to see Maxie!" Xena says. "I'll tell him that she sent me a letter saying that she misses her goof!! Besides, he knows better!"

Gabrielle opens the journal, smiles, and says, "Okay! Let's see what happens at the celebration!" Gabrielle turns the pages to the next entry and starts reading, "The day of the celebration, Janice and I decided not to see each other until we were at the mayor's palace. I needed to find someplace where I could get my hair done, while Janice needed to find something to wear."

The scene now pans to Mel and Janice's room. "So, you don't want to see each other until the celebration, huh babe," Janice says, smirking.

"Yeah! Let's surprise each other!" Mel says. "You still need to find something to wear anyway! And I need to find someplace to get my hair done."

"I can find something, no problem," Janice says. "I'm not the dress-wearing type, but I think there may be a place here where I can find something."

"Well, we have twelve hours until the celebration," Mel says. "Let's leave in a couple of hours, you find something to wear, and I'll find a beauty salon; it will take a while to do my hair how I want it anyways. Then I'll come back, get ready and take a taxi to the palace."

"Fine, it won't take me long to get ready," Janice says smirking. "I'll show up at the palace thirty minutes after you."

"Sounds like a plan!" Mel says as they smile at each other.

Meanwhile, in Mt. Olympus, Aphrodite looks at a screen of Mel and Janice. She then looks at Cupid and says, "This is what I need your help with."

Cupid looks at the screen and says, "Mom, you can tell that there's an attraction between these two! Why do you need my help?"

"I need you to give Janice a pep talk while I work with Mel." Aphrodite says.

The scene pans back to the cabin, with Xena and Gabrielle having shocked looks on their faces.

"Wait!" Xena exclaims. "Aphrodite and Cupid are involved in this?"

Gabrielle smiles and says, "Dite is the reason why we are back again. Who else would give Mel and Janice a little push! Plus, I think having Cupid involved is brilliant!"