The Truth

"Tori, I'll be back in a sec to grab Jades things, she can stay here for a while"

"Thank you" I was so happy she didn't ask for reasons, All she knew was that Jade had been kicked out. My mum was now inside so I gently tapped her shoulder, waking her up. "Babe we're home now." She was still looking very ill so I scooped her up bridal style and carried her to my room. As soon as she was in bed I grabbed her a t- shirt and some shorts to change into. "I'm going to go grab you some water and a bowl to be safe, change into this. My parents won't come in so don't worry about your scars"

"Thank you. For everything" She said weakly as I headed downstairs. Trina wasn't home till later so I knew my parents couldn't find out till then, At least I can avoid that conversation till morning i guess.

It was about 9pm by now and my parents still hadn't said anything. They were either avoiding me or Trina hadn't told on me,

"Tori" I heard Jade's little voice say.

"Yes?"

"Why are you sticking with me?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well my life is awful. I'm a mess. Most people ditch me after seeing this part of me. That's why I never let anyone see it."

"No matter what happens we will get through it. I love everything about you"

We carried on talking for another hour or so until she fell asleep. It wasn't long before I was gone too.

I was woken by this crying sound along with very heavy breathing. "NO STOP. PLEASE NO!" I heard Jade cry. I was so scared. Should I wake her? "Shhhh, honey don't worry. I'm here. I won't let anything happen to you." I kissed her forehead and wrapped my arms around her. She calmed down. What was she dreaming about? I have to ask her in the morning. She's had an awful life and I don't even know half of it. I felt so bad for her. I couldn't imagine what it was like. Obviously I have my own problems but nothing as bad as that. I don't even care about myself anymore, all I care about is her, She is all that matters. I need to protect her.

I woke up the next morning at 7am, Jade curled up next to me. As I jumped out of bed I noticed her wake up. "Tori, where are you going?"

"I just need to put some clothes on, we still have school today remember"

"I thought it was Sunday!" We both laughed. It was nice to see her smile again.

"I'm going to quickly get dressed, I'll be right back" She nodded but looked worried. Was it about the dream? Did she think I was gonna leave her or something? I had no clue, but I was going to find out what was bothering her. The only goal in my life is to make her happy.

I came back into my bedroom wearing some fresh new clothes. "Babe does this look okay?" I said. I hated what I looked like so it was nice to have her there for approval. "Jade?" I sat down on the bed and noticed her tearing up. "What's wrong?"

"Oh it's nothing don't worry"

"Is this about the dream you had last night"

"What?" She suddenly looked petrified.

"Last night, you were yelling stop, and things like that. What was happening?" She burst into tears. I shuffled closer towards her as she laid her head on my chest. I stayed calm but I was so worried for her. "You can tell me honey, we can sort it out, no matter what's happened we will figure it out."

"Tori- i- i-"

"You can do it, just say" I reassured her

"It's beck. He raped me"