Chapter 15 - fire

A month later...

Tommy still wasn't found, and I feel like he's ran away... I hope he ran away, for his sake. My mothers therapy still wasn't working, nor were her charms on Hannibal. Riley and Dylan were getting great grades again, since they massively dropped when dad died. Elise actually has decided to sell her apartment from wherever she ran off to, to stay here with us, once she saw she couldn't leave us in the state we were all in. I've became very wary of my surroundings, since it was confirmed that my grandma was poisoned and the FBI are sure it was the ripper. I spend more time in Hannibal's home, than my own. The boys are always going over to their friends, my mums little boyfriends are always over and I overall feel safe with Hannibal.

I sat down at Hannibal's breakfast bar, while he was zesting some Lemon. I just came back from a gig at the bar, to get some extra cash in my pocket. I adjusted my hair while I checked my phone to see a text off Elise.

Elise: mums getting screwed again, I suggest you don't bother going back. It was also that guy who makes her loud 😭 anyway, I got Riley with me and we're gonna be staying at one of my friends tonight while Dylan is at a mates. Love youuuuu xxx

I texted 'love you xx' back to her and I let out a sad sigh, catching Hannibal's attention. He raised his head up to me a little then back down at the Lemons in his hand.
"What is the matter, Grace?" He asked me calmly, drying his hands.
"My mum drove Elise insane from the sounds of it, so she's had to get the boys out of there" I exclaimed to Hannibal sadly, as I put my phone down and met his eyes. He leaned forward on the breakfast bar while he stared at me.
"I do apologise for your siblings having to go through this, it is terrible what your mother is making you do" Hannibal said to me, slanting his head at me. I gave him a weak smile and grabbed a Single grape from his fruit bowl.
"Well, I got you" I smiled. He smiled back at me then went back to cooking.

I sipped on my red wine then peered over at Hannibal, who was also drinking his wine. I took a quick look around his living room and there was a warm fire lit in front of us, as our only light source. The fire shone in Hannibal's eyes and presented his features more to me, like his cheekbones and jawline.
"Are you sure you're alright with me staying here... again?" I asked him worriedly, since I have spent so many nights here. He turned his head over to face me, with a smile imprinted on him.
"Of course I am alright with it. I adore your company" he promised me. Those words made me smile and gave me a funny feeling in my stomach.
"So, how was the FBI today?" I questioned Hannibal, slanting my head at him.
"Tiring" he confessed. He made me giggle and I finished my wine glass. So, I put it on top of the fireplace and sat down beside him, snuggling up to him. I love Hannibal's hugs. They make me feel safe and happy. He wrapped One arm around me while the other held his glass. We both just stared into the flames and although the room was silent, it still wasn't awkward.
"I've been thinking about the FBI a lot recently..." I whispered to Hannibal.
"Do you often think of the Chesapeake ripper?" He asked me, stroking my arm while I could hear his heart beat.
"Yea but I mean the FBI. You said Will Graham was a teacher there" I reminded him.
"That I did say, but I do not Mean to sound rude, but I'm not sure if you will be mentally stable enough to join the FBI" Hannibal warned me. It was silent for a few moments until I answered.
"Worth a shot?" I smirked.
"It is indeed. If you so wish, I can exclaim to Jack the reasons on why you should be apart of the FBI" He offered to me. I sat up properly and stared into his eyes, who stared right back at me.
"That would be cheating" I teased him. He smiled at me and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear slowly as me spoke to me.
"Not unless I say the truth. I just wont add a few other things, it wont be lying nor cheating" he debated back, cupping my cheek.
"So... you want me in the team?" I asked him quietly, while I was mentally screaming at myself since I was so excited.
"Not entirely but I know you are quite stubborn" he lightly chuckled. I giggled at him while I stared into his eyes. He let go of my face to put his wine glass down on a surface. I heard the glass clink, touching the wood then he spun around and cupped my face again. We stared into each other's eyes and he leaned forward and planted his lips and top of mine suddenly. He kissed me hungrily and I quickly wrapped my arms around him, weaving my hand through his hair. He then grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him. Our kiss was making me lose breath then he laid me down on the couch and positioned himself in between my legs as he felt my waist. I tugged at his hair and let out a moan then he ventured down to my neck and started to leave wet kisses on it. Suddenly, the door bell went off and We both paused awkwardly. Then, he peered over the couch while being on top of me still. The door bell went off again, making Hannibal grunt slightly as he got off me. I watched him got off the couch and reach his hand out to me. I hesitantly took his hand and he helped me off the couch.
"Excuse me" he said to me then went to answer the door, leaving me frozen. I just had one of the most heated kiss I've ever had with my therapist. Surely that's wrong, but when he kissed me, it was like I could let go of a breath I didn't know I was ever holding. Once I got myself together, I hurried out the room to see who was at the front door.
"Will. I wasn't expecting you" Hannibal said emotionlessly. I leaned on the wall and often peered around the door frame to observe Hannibal and will.
"Were you expecting anyone else, doctor?" Will questioned him slowly.
"No. Not at 11 at night" Hannibal responded.
"I'm here to talk about Grace. I had a dream about her" Will confessed. My ears pricked up at this conversation and I slowly sat down on the floor, getting myself comfortable.
"What was the dream about, may I ask?" Hannibal asked Will slowly, I could detect the worry in Hannibal's voice.
"Death" Will replied plainly.
"Would you like to expand on that?" Hannibal asked off him.
"She had no eyes, to signal she was blind. Her stomach was cut wide open and her womb was missing... what's that to signal?" Will asked off Hannibal. There was a moment of silence before Hannibal spoke.
"I'm not too sure. It was, after all, a dream" Hannibal reminded him.
"But it felt real..." Will whimpered.

Hannibal came back into the room to see me curled in a ball on the couch, staring at the dancing flames. I heard him walk over to me and sit himself down beside me, but I didn't look over at him.
"Did you hear it all?" Hannibal asked me calmly, putting an arm over me.
"All... of it" I answered, shaking in my voice slightly.
"I'm sure it meant nothing, it was a drea-" Hannibal went on to say but I spoke over him.
"He still had that thought. You said he was gifted.. Jack's special weapon... that doesn't mean nothing.. not coming from Will" I finally turned over to face him and he saw my tears building up. He slowly cupped my face and used his thumb to wipe away my tears.
"I wont let anything happen to you" he promised me.
I sniffled slightly then let my head drop onto his chest. He held me close to him, while he stroked my hair, resting his head on top of mine.