Chapter 11

Sunny slowly opened her eyes and snapped them back shut against the bright light that assaulted her vision.

Why are the freaking lights on? Who does that?

She sat up rubbing her eyelids with her palms and tried again. Her eyes adjusted and focused on her new surroundings. Her hands flew to her mouth, smothering her gasp. She sat alone in a beautiful king sized bed with the softest silkiest sheets she'd ever felt. There was luxury dripping off everything in the room. She had never seen, let alone been in a room as beautiful as this one. She was almost afraid to touch anything.

She threw off the downy comforter eager to explore. Goosebumps raised along her bare legs and arms. Looking down, she saw she was clad only in a pink satin slip with black lace that hung low on the tops of her breasts from two spaghetti straps. Her back was completely exposed. The hem reached the tops of her thighs and two slits on either side worked their way up to her hips. Apparently, no panties had been provided. Moving to slide off the tall bed, she looked down and saw two kitten heel slippers with black feathery fluff.

"Oh, he has got to be kidding me," she said, smiling and shaking her head.

Sunny slipped her feet into them. They were a little too big, which wasn't a surprise. Finding shoes in the women's section to fit her had always been a problem. Her heels clicked against the hard floor and she moved around the room.

She explored to the book case in the sitting area near the frosted windows. She was disappointed she couldn't see outside, but very happy with books she had. Some of her favorite classics were among the titles as well as some new books she hadn't seen. All seemed to be young adult or romance novels.

Turning around she looked at the room again. The paintings, the books, the bedding, all these things screamed Sunny. There wasn't a trace of Negan in the room. He really had set all this up for her.

Her heart had started to race. She could feel the panic bubbling up from her stomach.

Why would he go through all this trouble? How did he even get all of this?

Crossing the room to two closed doors opposite the wall of windows, she opened the one on the right and found a small walk in closet. Filled. She looked at the clothes and read the tags. There were designers she had only read about in magazines in her closet, and everything was in her size or really close to it. All seasons were represented. Dresses, blouses, skirts, jeans, sweaters all hanging according to style. There were heels, ballet flats, and boots on shelves.

When would I ever wear these?

Slowly, Sunny backed out of the closet. She turned and spied a few dressers. She was sure she'd find them full as well of equally expensive underthings. It was all overwhelming. She hadn't given any thought to what he had said about making preparations for her. To think he went to this extent, frightened her. What would happen if she disappointed him? It was all too much to live up to.

She opened the door to the right and found an elegantly appointed bathroom. Expensive soap and perfume were displayed on shelves. She found a hair brush in a drawer and ran it through her dark locks before she pulled it up in a bun. She splashed cold water on her face and reached for a soft teal hand towel to dry her face. She took care of the rest of her needs, trying her best not to freak out.

Vulnerable and out of place, she left the bathroom in search of comfortable clothing. A t-shirt or yoga pants. Anything that would make her feel more like her, giving her a measure of control over her situation. She wasn't meant to have such nice things. Even growing up wealthy, her parents would never have wasted money on anything they could find cheaper at Wal-Mart.