10

"Ahck," a voice that was a bit ominously deep was heard from inside. Oz, or so Dainsleif believed this figure to be, was sitting on the floor with the twins on either side. His wings were rather large, taking up a lot of space. Was this why he didn't like this form? His hair was dark and he had feathery imprints on his cheeks. His feet looked to be more like talons. His hair was long and unruly, likely because he didn't take this form often to maintain it. "Nachwuchs bitte," he spoke. Lumine and Aether were set on ruffling his feathers (quite literally). 

"Meine Fräulein," Oz stood up, bowing slightly with his hand over his chest. He promptly shifted into his raven form and flew to Fischl's shoulder. 

"Now," Fischl stared at Kaeya. "We have returned here so it is time to get to our discussion." 

"There is nothing to discuss..." Kaeya frowned, adjusting Dainsleif's jacket on his body. Somewhere along the way back home, Kaeya had gotten a bit cold and Dainsleif forfeited his jacket. Whether Kaeya was actually cold or could sense Dainsleif's discomfort with his bunny suit is up to the reader's imagination. 

"If you don't return soon, mein Fürst, others will come searching for you, less inclined to be civil," Oz spoke. It was strange to hear his deep voice from the body of a raven. 

"Yes, my prince, please consider," Fischl insisted. 

"Prince?" Dainsleif glanced to Kaeya. 

"You haven't spoken of where you come from to this mortal?" Fischl gestured to Dainsleif. 

"No, I-" Kaeya shifted awkwardly, adjusting the coat again. He took the bunny ears off of his head and removed the wig. His cat ears were relieved to be free of the wig prison but rested flat against his head. 

"Prince Kaeya is an ancient type of catperson," Fischl began. "He is of royal lineage that dates back thousands of years." 

"He is also the only heir to his kind," Oz spoke. 

"Which makes him our prince," Fischl nodded. "He is valuable to us, do you understand? He can't spend his time frivolously with your type any longer." 

Lumine and Aether clung to Dainsleif. "Is Mr. Kitty leaving?" Aether asked. "We don't want him to go," Lumine followed up. 

"I...I, uhm..." Dainsleif's head spun in circles trying to follow what was happening. 

"I left so I wouldn't have to be bothered with titles and things," Kaeya sighed, shaking his head. "But you still intend to take me back? Are the current King and Queen not enough for you?" 

"Prince..." Fischl grabbed her arm and looked away. "The King is sick and the Queen..." 

"You need to go back," Dainsleif said finally. 

"What?" Kaeya stared. 

"You're not from here and your people need you," Dainsleif looked at Fischl and Oz. "It sounds as if you've run away from something but you can't run forever, Kaeya." 

"Do you hear what you're saying?" Kaeya's ears prickled up with his hair as he gritted his teeth. "If I leave you won't see me again! How are you going to keep taking care of the twins?! You haven't found a job yet!" 

"I know," Dainsleif squatted down to hug Lumine and Aether, currently scared and sad with the idea of Kaeya leaving. "But it's not your responsibility to worry about us." 

"If I have to leave I'm taking you with me," Kaeya threw Dainsleif's coat off of him as his eyes lit up and his hands glowed. 

"Magic...?" Dainsleif found it hard to believe his eyes. "No, wait, they are animal people I guess it would make sense if they did magic too..." he talked himself into understanding it. 

"Prince...you can't!" Fischl pleaded. 

"I am the prince and I am returning," Kaeya grabbed the teapot from the kitchen cabinet, his hands glowing still, while holding it, "I can do as I damn well please." A light emitted from the teapot and everything around it was sucked in. Every piece of furniture in the house and Dainsleif and the twins. Kaeya's body shifted into a panther form and he held the teapot's handle in his mouth. Fischl opened a portal to their original world and Kaeya jumped through.