Chapter 28

"I made it 10 steps." June states a couple hours later when she lies in Matts arms.

"Only because I let you." He replies.

"No, because I threw my dress in your face so you couldn't see." She laughs and he kisses her softly.

"What do you want to do now babe?" He asks.

"I have a few plans, babe." She smiles lovingly at him. "They are a surprise though."

"Sounds good to me baby." He whispers with his lips against her.

"First step is for you to let go of me and get dressed." She laughs.

"I'm already starting to regret my previous statement." He murmurs into her hair. "Is it too late to take it back?"

"Yes." She chirps and wriggle herself free of his hold.

An hour later June finally succeeds in getting Matt out of bed and they head toward the first stop – Jardin de Tuileries. This give them time to look at beautiful flowers and getting some fresh air while talking to each other about everything.

When they arrive, June gasps. It's breathtakingly beautiful and leaves her speechless for a full minute. She's brought back to reality when Matt laughs.

"What?" She asks surprised.

"You look like you've never seen a flower before in your entire life." He still laugs.

"I haven't really. Not like this. Not this beautiful and romantic."

"If you want romance, let's go back home to the bed." He suggests with a smirk.

"Stop it! I spent a lot of time on planning this trip."

"Yes, I'm sure it was very hard to ask July for help." He muses and June tenses but when she looks over at him, she can see excitement in his eyes. "How did you know?"

"You've told me before that you wanted to see Europe and every single time you've said you would have to ask July about Paris because she loves it here."

She sighs and places a gentle kiss on his cheek. "No, it wasn't hard to ask her for help, but you already know that."

After a few minutes of admiring their surroundings, he says with a smirk "I'm hungry. Shall we get something to eat? I can see a McDonald's from here."

"Quiet now. How dare you speak of such yucky things in here? Besides their so-called food has absolutely nothing to do with food." She hates McDonald's and he knows it.

"Sorry babe. I forgot how much you hate McDonald's." He says innocently but she doesn't buy it at all. "You did so not forget it. You did it just to rile me up."

He nods and laughs heartily. "Now there's something else I have to ask you. I can't believe I haven't asked you yet." She looks at him expectantly and he continues "How's your Instagram account? I really can't believe I haven't asked before now. Sorry baby. I know it was hard for you when we posted that photo back then."

Matt never uses his own Instagram account, so he hasn't checked in on hers.

She swallows hard. "To be honest it was all too much, all the DM's and follow requests. I stressed so much over it, so I decided to put my social medias into a temporary hiatus."

"I happy to hear that baby. Well not happy that you had to do it because of me but I'm happy you did something when you felt too stressed. It's not healthy to just keep going." He pulls her close to him and kisses her on the head.

"It's really not your fault babe. You told me I could use your team to navigate it all but I never took you up on the offer because I wanted to do it myself." She shakes her head. "I'm still not used to all of this." She gestures between them. "All the publicity that follows is so overwhelming and we're not really public yet."

"Not yet no. But we might have to be a bit careful around here. I was followed by paparazzo yesterday." He sighs.

She sighs. "I know that we're going to have to come out at some point, so we don't have to look over our shoulders all the time when we go out in public, but I really want some more time where it's just you and me and not having the entire world looking at us." She stops in front of a particularly beautiful rose. She leans down and sniffs it. The smell is sweet and reminds her of sunshine, coconut mocktails and playful times with her friends. When she stands back up, Matt kisses her briefly. "I feel the same way baby."

"About the flower?" She asks momentarily confused that she must have said out loud what she was just thinking.

"No, baby." He laughs loudly and shakes his head in amusement. "I feel the same about being in the eye of the public with you. I prefer it when it's just us."

She nods slowly and then they stroll slowly through the rest of the park hand I hand, not saying much before they reach the pavement and June spots the McDonald's Matt mentioned earlier. She groans in dissatisfaction, and he laughs loudly.

"That damn place. It should be illegal to make something so bad and call it food."

He laughs again. "You know there's a lot of people around the world who doesn't agree baby. Me included. Their food taste just fine to me."

She shrugs. "Yeah, but you eat it when you're either hungover or still drunk."

"Aaaand... so do you." He laughs.

"Don't remind me." She says and mutters quietly "Stupid drunk cravings."

"Where to next?" Matt says and narrows his eyes suspiciously. "The Eiffel Tower or Louvre?"

She looks back at him in confusion. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

"One of the is quite high and the other who is quite big and requires lots and lots of walking."

She shrugs. "So what?"

He looks down at her Jimmy Choos. "These do no look like they were made for walking and I'm sure as hell not carrying you around the Louvre."

She looks genuinely heartbroken. "We're not going there. It pains me so much it almost breaks my heart but there isn't enough time. I need at least three days in there."

"Sooo Eiffel Tower it is?" He asks and June shakes her head and starts to shuffle around her bag. He looks at her with an eyebrow raised in question until she produces a lock and gives it to him.

He smiles brightly. "Correction it is. Pardon me. It seems we're going to visit Pont Neuf."

"Indeed babe." She smiles and kisses him hungrily until there's a flash that's quickly followed by another and sentences are thrown around.

"Matt over here."

"Who is she Matt?"

"Is she the same girl from your Instagram photo a while back?"

Matt quickly turn the both of them around so they're facing away from the photographers and then he almost runs away from the park with June flailing behind him.

"Matt." June gasps after about ten seconds and they both comes to a halt. "I really can't run in these shoes."

He looks remorseful when he realizes what she just had to endure in her 5 inches heels. "Sorry baby. Maybe they'll leave you alone if I go talk to them."
"No, please don't leave me. Just get us a cab." Her tone is pleading. "Please babe."

"Of course, baby." He stretches a hand in the air and like a divine intervention a cab stops in front of them immediately.

A/N: If there are any McDonald's lovers/employees/owners out there reading this, please don't be mad at – this is just a story ;-)