Chapter Six: The Plan

Hermione's Pov:

As Ginny and I walked down to the Great Hall, I couldn't help but think about what happened between me and Harry last night. He was definitely suspicious of me and I could not let him figure out about the whole Malfoy situation.

"What's up Mione?" My best friend Ginny asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing, just thinking Gin." I replied as we reached the Great Hall. We walked to the Gryffindor table to find Ron stuffing his face with food to which I wrinkled my nose in disgust.

"Wot?" Ron asked with a bunch of food in his mouth.

"Oh for Merlin's sake Ronald, learn how to chew first before you talk." I said turning away. He just rolled his eyes and continued stuffing food into his mouth. Honestly, I don't know who would ever find that attractive. I glared at him as I felt someone tap my shoulder.

"Malfoy's looking at you." Ginny whispered loud enough for only me to hear. I turned my head around and sure enough, there was Malfoy looking straight at me.

"You know if he wants to keep staring he should just take a picture, it'll last longer." Ginny snorted which caused me to start laughing.

"What's so funny?" Ron asked as he looked between Ginny and I.

"None of your business that's what." She replied to her brother rolling her eyes which caused him to glare at her.

I turned my head and saw Harry looking back and forth between me and Malfoy as if to ask me to explain to him what was going on. I just shrugged in response. How was I supposed to know? 

Draco's Pov:

I grumpily plopped down at the Slytherin table next to Blaise. First of all, I was in a bad mood because I was having a very bad hair day, and second of all, Pansy has been all over me non-stop. Unfortionalty for me, Pansy followed me like some sort of dog and sat down right next to me.

I swear If she doesn't leave me alone I'm going to Avada Kedevra her. Can't this girl get the hint? I don't like her and I never will. I huffed as I put my elbows on the table with a big thud.

"And good morning to you too." Said a smug-looking Blaise. I shot him a death glare, clearly not in the mood. 

"Shut up Blaise before I shove this bread roll up your a-" 

"Draco!" Pansy squealed next to me cutting me off.

"What Pansy. What could you possibly want now?" I said as I grit my teeth. If I have to hear her shill annoying voice one more time I'm going to accidentally shove her into the black lake and hope she drowns.

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to do something together." She said grasping my arm excitedly.

"Sod off Pansy, I'm not in the mood." I growled as I tried to shove her off me.

"Pleaseee." She begged giving me puppy eyes. Pathetic.

"Shoo, Go away you pest." I said waving my arms as if to say go away, but then one of my hands accidentally smacked her right in the face knocking her off the bench at the Slytherin table.

Pansy shrieked as she fell, then jumped up from the ground, dusting herself off, and stomped off out of the Great Hall. I turned to look at Blaise who was desperately trying to hold back his laughter, but then couldn't hold it anymore and erupted like a volcano.

"What." I asked, annoyed.

"Why'd you smack Pansy?" He said snickering like a 5-year-old who had just stolen candy.

"It was purely an accident, but she had it coming." I stated, not feeling sorry one bit.

 "What's up with you today? Obviously, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"This whole bet thing is stressing me out." I huffed. 

"You know, you can quit at any time." 

"I'm not backing out." 

"Geez, alright looks like someone's got their panties in a twist." 

"Haha very funny." I said dryly. 

"I still can't believe you tried to kiss Granger in the hallway." Blaise snorted.

"Will you shut your mouth, Potter and his dumb friends are right over there. If he hears you he's going to practically murder me." I hissed shooting him daggers from across the table.

"No, he wouldn't just murder you, he would be digging your grave." 

"If he does I'm blaming this on you." 

"Oi! Me?!" He shouted gaining stares from some of the other Slytherins. He's so stupid sometimes. Well, most of the time actually. 

"Yeah you, I'm too handsome and good-looking to die." I said smirking while running my hands through my hair. 

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." 

"Whatever zucchini."

"Ew. What did you just call me?" 

"A zucchini." I smirked proudly. 

"Save the nicknames for Granger." He said scrunching his nose up in disgust. 

"Well I can't help what you are." 

"You know, you're annoying." 

"Aw thanks, that's what I strive to be." 

"What's your plan for getting Granger to fall in love with you besides the fact that you tried to kiss her and she swerved you." Blaise asked as a smirk formed on his face. 

"Will you ever let that go?" I huffed in annoyance. 

"Nope." I looked back at Granger and her annoying friends sitting at the Gryffindor table. Unfortunately for me, the Weaslette saw me and told Granger. I whipped my head back around. I did not want to get murdered today by Potter. Not that I'm scared of him or anything, I could easily take him down.

"I don't know, ask her on a date? What do you want me to do?" 

"Yes, that's exactly what you should do." 

"What? Are you kidding?" He shook his head as if to say no. I grumpily huffed which I seemed to be doing a lot lately, and accio'd a piece of parchment and a quill.

"What in the name of Merlin are you doing Draco?" Blaise asked trying to read what I was writing.

"Nosey much?" I glared covering up the piece of parchment with my arm adding the finishing touches to it.

"There." I exclaimed.

"What is it?" Blaise asked utterly confused. I shook my head in disappointment.

"Just watch." I told him while I folded up my parchment and sent it flying over the Gryffindor table.

"Draco what on earth are you doing?" 

"My god Blaise, are you really dumber than Crabbe and Goyle? Just watch you idiot." He let out a huff and pouted as he watched it fly over to Potter's friends and land right in Granger's hands. I saw her look around completely confused and get a couple of weird looks from Scarhead and Weaselbee while The Weaslette just raised an eyebrow at her. I saw as she opened my letter and had a shocked look on her face. I smirked to myself. My plan was officially in action.