Chapter Thirteen: Scars

Previously:

"You're excused, Granger." She said icily. "But-" I protested looking between Malfoy and Umbridge. I couldn't just leave him here. "Go." She glared. I slowly got up and started to leave her office, but not before glancing at Malfoy. He had a look of relief and nodded at me saying it was okay for me to leave him. I looked at him guiltily and with no hesitation, I left, with no intention of turning back.

------------------------------------------------

➪𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁 13

Hermione's Pov:

I paced the hall, waiting impatiently for Draco. My head was racing with thoughts. Why did he do that? Why did he take those lines for me? Was it out of pity? I jumped when I felt a hand touch me on my shoulder, pulling me out of my thoughts. Malfoy. I quickly turned my head to find exactly who I thought.

"What were you thinking!?" I exclaimed, smacking him on the shoulder causing him to flinch.

"What do you mean what were you thinking, I was trying to help you." He spoke.

"I didn't need your help, you didn't have to take those lines for me." I said, taking a step towards him.

"What made you do it?" I continued. He didn't respond.

"Was it out of pity?" I asked.

"Because I certainly don't need it, I can handle myself." I told him, my face seething with anger. Finally, he spoke.

"I was trying to protect you alright!" His voice echoing through the empty hallway.

"I couldn't just sit there and do nothing. If I didn't take those lines for you-" I raised my eyebrow as if telling him to continue.

"Who knows what would've happened." He muttered under his breath. My face softened as I met his gaze. In the corner of my eye, I could see the writing on his hand. I quickly grabbed it, pulling his sleeve up a little so I could get a better look. It read; I must not be a traitor. Tears sprung into my eyes. He shouldn't have taken those lines for me.

"I'm sorry." I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Hey, look at me." He spoke softly as he gently lifted my chin so I was looking at him.

"It wasn't your fault." His thumb ever so lightly grazed my cheek, brushing away the stray tear. We both gazed into each other's eyes when he started to lean in. It was like time had slowed down.

My heart was racing, part of me wanted him to kiss me. The other part was screaming what are you doing? Get away from him, he's your best friend's enemy for Merlin's sake! We were inches away, face to face. Was I really gonna do it? screw it. I thought as I began to lean in too. I closed my eyes waiting for what was to come. His lips grazed mine when out of nowhere a voice says

"I see you've got the girl. Looks like you've won the bet after all."

A/n: dun dun dunnn :p anyways, school is starting tomorrow so I decided to update a chapter or two before I went back because I literally haven't updated anything at all this summer so... you're welcome :D