Chapter Eight: The Secret Meeting

Hermione's Pov: 

I stood at the astronomy tower shivering a little as I was waiting for Malfoy. Where was he?

"Waiting for someone?" A voice said from behind me. I jumped and turned around to see the smirking figure of Draco Malfoy.

"Well, Some cute guy asked me to meet him at the astronomy tower about 15 minutes ago but I can't seem to find him?" I said smirking in return but only to realize the big mistake I just made. Malfoy, catching my mistake smirked even bigger which I didn't even know was humanly possible.

"You think I'm cute?" He smirked and walked closer to me. I began to panic.

"I wasn't referring to you Malfoy." 

"Mhm, sure whatever helps you sleep at night." He said patting my shoulder as I glared at him.

"So why did you want me to come here again?" I asked him, looking down at the railing on the tower.

" I just wanted to talk to you, you know?" He told me, giving me a smile.

 "Well then, what if we play a game?" 

"What kind of game?" He asked looking at me suspiciously 

"20 questions. It's a muggle game where you basically ask each other 20 questions to get to know them better." I said with a mischievous twinkle in my eye. 

"Alright, Granger I'm in." 

"Alright, I'll go first, What is your favorite color?" 

"Green, more like a dark green." 

"Of course, how could I not see that answer a mile away?" 

"Because you're blind Granger." He said with a smirk.

"Hey, Am not!" 

"Better be careful Granger or you're gonna end up needing glasses like Potter."

"Haha, very funny Malfoy." 

"Oh so now you think I'm funny?" 

"You are anything but funny."

"I could say the same about you." 

"Then say it, I dare you." 

"You are anything but funny Granger." 

"I could say the same about you." 

"Using my own words against me are we now?" 

"What do you expect?" 

"Alright, alright hush Granger it's my turn."

"Hit me." 

"If you insist." He said with a mischievous smirk and lightly punched me in the shoulder.

"What was that for?!" I shouted shooting him a glare. 

"Well, you said to." He shrugged. 

"It's an expression Malfoy! I didn't really mean hit me!" 

"Oops, my bad." He shrugged with a devious look on his face. 

"Ugh just ask the question Malfoy." I said tapping my shoe as I started to become impatient. 

"Well then, since you ever so politely asked, What is your favorite color?" 

"You might be surprised but, I actually prefer violet." I said with a small smile. Draco looked up in surprise. 

"Really? I thought It was like Red or something since you know you're in Gryffindor and all." 

"Nope, looks like you'll be the one needing glasses Malfoy." 

"Shove off Granger." 

"Alright alright, what's your favorite book?"

"Really Granger?" 

"What?"

"Fine, Don't judge me... but this muggle book called 'Romeo and Juliet'  is one of my favorites." My mouth hung open as I heard those words come out of his mouth. 

"You've read a muggle book? I thought you hate muggles?" 

"Yeah well...." 

"That's my favorite book too." I said giving him a small smile. 

"I found the ending quite ridiculous if you ask me." He scoffed. 

"It wasn't ridiculous! I found it quite romantic."

"Are you kidding me? They both ended up dead, how is that romantic?" 

"Because they loved each other." I sighed dreamily. Draco raised his eyebrow at me and gave me a look.

"What?"

"Nothing." he said smirking. "Hey Granger?" He asked as his smirk slowly disappeared.

"Yeah?" 

"Have you ever ridden a broom before?" 

"Actually, I haven't. I'm absolutely terrified of heights." I told him as I shuddered as I thought about it.

"That's too bad, you're really missing out on a lot." He exclaimed. 

"Malfoy, can I ask you something?" I asked him nervously. 

"Depends." He told me, raising an eyebrow. 

"Why have you always called me a mudblood?" 

As soon as I asked that question his face became as white as a sheet of parchment. 

"I'm sorry for all those years of calling you that, It's just, my family has always taught me that all muggle-borns had dirty blood and that purebloods were superior. They want me to be the best, I guess that's why I've always been so cruel to you, Potter, and Weasley. Potter is good at everything. My father expects me to be perfect but how can I do that when Potter keeps showing me up and I have to live up to him. I'm sorry for calling you that filthy word Granger." He said sadly. I was shocked. I knew that Malfoy came from a pureblood family, but I never realized that was all he was taught. 

"It's alright Malfoy." I said giving him an understanding smile and I hugged him. I never knew what he went through. Even though everyone thought he lived the perfect life, he didn't. He let out a look of shock and hesitantly hugged me back to which it was my turn to be shocked. In the midst of me and Draco hugging, I saw a flash of raven-colored hair out of the corner of my eye.

"Mione??"