Chapter Twelve: I Must Not Be A Know It All

A/N: Hey guys, sorry I haven't been updating that much, today was my last day of school so I will hopefully be able to update more frequently now :D

------------------------------------------

Previously:

I glared at Malfoy as he smugly raised his eyebrows at me.

"Mr. Malfoy, that will be a detention for you as well." Umbridge said

"What!?" He exclaimed.

"You heard me." I returned the smug look which earned me a glare from him.

"My father will hear about this." He mumbled under his breath.

➪𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁 12

Hermione's Pov:

I sighed as I walked down the corridor to Umbridge's office. I can't believe I've landed myself a detention, especially one with Malfoy. I would be lying if I said I was more nervous to be in a room with Malfoy than Umbridge. She was one of those people who acted all sweet and innocent but hide their true personalities.

I carefully walked into her office, taking in my surroundings while trying to calm my nerves. I already saw Malfoy sitting in an empty chair with a bored look on his face and Umbridge sitting in her chair sipping tea with a smile as fake as her personality.

"Good evening Miss Granger, sit." She told me. I tried not to roll my eyes as I took a seat as far away as I could from Malfoy.

"You're going to be doing some lines for me today Miss Granger." I looked at her questioningly, but quickly brushed it off and went to get a quill from my bag.

"No, not with your quill. You're going to be using a rather special one of mine." She spoke as she made her way over to me with a quill in her hand.

"Now, I want you to write I must not be a know it all." I glared at her. If looks could kill, she would be long gone.

"How many times?" I asked, my teeth clenched.

"Well, let's say however long it takes for the message to sink in."

"You haven't given me any ink." I protested.

"Oh, you won't need any." I gave a confused look at Malfoy, but he shrugged in return, just as confused as I am.

"And as for you Mr. Malfoy." She made her way over to him.

"I would like you to write, I must not pass notes in class." He scoffed, clearly annoyed as she handed him a quill as well. As I began writing, something felt off. I whimpered, feeling a shot of pain run through my hand. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Malfoy looking at me with a look I couldn't quite put my finger on.

As I continued writing, my hand began to burn. I glanced at it, thinking I was just imagining things, but a sudden realization hit me all at once when I saw the words I must not be a know it all engraved on the back of my hand. I looked up at Umbridge with a look of pure astoundment.

"Yes?" She asked as she made her way over to me.

"Nothing." I replied, my voice wavering slightly.

"That's right." She said with a sickening smile on her face.

"Because you know deep down, you deserve to be punished. Don't you Miss Granger." I looked at her with pure hatred.

"Go on." Umbridge grinned as I began writing, whimpering when I could feel the phrase being engraved into my hand.

"What are you doing to her." Malfoy spat darkly at Umbridge.

"Nothing, only what she deserves." She replied simply.

"Now, go on and write your lines."

After a long pause, Malfoy finally said

"Only if you let her leave." while glancing at me.

"Now, why would I do that?" Her fake smile faltered a little.

"She hasn't finished her lines." Malfoy glanced at me again, then glanced at my hand.

"I'll take them. I'll do her lines." I looked at him flabbergasted. Was he out of his mind? There was no way she was going to let him do that.

"Fine, You're excused, Granger." She said icily.

"But-" I protested looking between Malfoy and Umbridge. I couldn't just leave him here.

"Go." She glared. I slowly got up and started to leave her office, but not before glancing at Malfoy. He had a look of relief and nodded at me saying it was okay for me to leave him. I looked at him guiltily and with no hesitation, I left, with no intention of turning back.