KABANATA 9

Saturday came so fast and today is the day I'll meet Halseth. I just texted Az friday night and told him to inform his brother that we'll meet in a cafe shop I texted at 8 AM sharp and I don't want him to be late. Yet now, I was the one who is late in the meeting! It's already 9:30 o'clock!

I quickly ran and get inside the cafe shop and roamed my eyes to look for him. I went upstairs and finally saw him patiently waiting for me while he's staring at his phone. I abruptly noticed him among others with only his simple khaki shorts and a white T-shirt fitted his body, a pair of white shoes and a silver Rolex watch gripping on his wrist.

He waited an hour and a half! I hardly bit my lip and walked towards him.

"Halseth!" I called his name when I got to be his side. "I'm sorry, I'm late!"

I quickly kissed him on he cheek and that's when his head tilted up to me. I shyly smiled and just sat on the chair beside him. He watched me and saw him glance at my body.

"It's already 9:33 AM, Dandelion. You made me wait for an hour and a half. Be thankful I still waited,"

I pouted my lips and placed my shoulder bag on the table. "I'm so sorry for that. I walked from home and up to here! Argh, my feet hurts, Halseth!" I dramatically uttered and massaged my feet which is really aching.

He glanced at me while doing it and got back to my eyes.

"Impossible."

"It's true!" Panlalaki ng mga mata ko sa kanya. "They all went to the site and they did not know I'll be going out today. They took their cars and the other was in the carwash! Mang Calder took a day-off!"

"You should've texted me then." He muttered huskily and suddenly touched my bare knees.

I let out a small gasp when he took my leg from my grip and he's the one who started massaging it slowly. I just pouted and placed both of my legs above his thighs, he did not complain and explored his palms on my legs. It's warm, no, it was so hot and I think he can burn my white skin through rubbing his palm on it. I swallowed hard and just never minded the tingling feelings.

"H-How? I don't even have your number, duh!"

"Meron."

"Wala nga! Have you ever give it to me, huh? When?" I asked him and wiggled my feet, he gripped both to stop it before glancing to my face.

"Bakit, hindi mo ba noon ni-save nang tumawag si Azraeth sa akin gamit ang cellphone mo?"

"Uh, hindi..." Kagat ko ng mariin sa labi at naramdaman ang pagdiin ng masahe niya. I breathed out a sigh.

"See? How would you? Perhaps there are so many men who keeps on calling you..."

"Oo, at hindi ko na alam kung sinong may number ang mga nasa call logs ko," pag-aamin ko ng totoo kaya mas lalong dumiin ang pagmasahe niya.

Before I could even moan because of it, I quickly put it down and sat properly. Hinabol pa niya ng tingin iyon at napakuyom ng palad.

"Nag-order ka na ba?" Pang-iiwas ko ng usapan at tinanong siya. "Let's stay here for a while..."

"We're not on a date here, Dandelion." puna niya matapos mailabas ang cellphone.

"Huh?" Napatigil ako at binalingan siya na abala pa rin ang mata sa hawak.

Nag-dial siya at naramdaman ko na lang ang pag-ring ng cellphone ko. Then his eyes moved away and leaned on his seat.

"You told me we're going to plan so let's start and finish after," aniya. "Btw, that's my number."