KABANATA 16

My fever lasted for three days.

After Halseth took me home that day, he then called Mommy. She was so frantic and nervous when she saw me. I was glad Halseth took good care of me and washed me up before my parents arrived. He made sure that they wouldn't know what happened before I went home. He was the one who talked to them and explained what I just told him to tell them if ever. I got sleep and didn't see him go home.

He visited me once in that three days. Brought me fruits and milk as if my mommy won't buy those. Pampered me while out of my family's sight. Mommy won't just leave me from time to time and always checked me. Kaya hindi na siya dumalaw pa kaya hindi kami nagkita.

Baka mamayang gabi pa dahil sa magaganap na birthday party niya. Well, I greeted him first at exactly 12 in the morning! I stayed awake last night and waited the time. I was thankful he was online and we video called. I sang a birthday greet and we both sleep at 3. Puyat tuloy akong nag-bbake ng chocolate muffins na dadalhin ko para sa kanya mamayang gabi.

"Tusukin mo sa gitna, anak. Kapag malambot pa then don't muna, pero kapag hindi, then it's baked na!" Sigaw na sagot ni mommy na nasa may living room nang tanungin ko kung ayos na.

"Okay!"

Sinunod ko ang sinabi niya. It's so rough inside so I guess it's already baked! Inilagay ko siya sa container na pinabili ko at siniguradong hindi madudurog.
Pagkatapos ko doon ay nakisabay na rin ako kay mommy na nagpapalinis ng kuko. Kaninang umaga pa wala si ate Apple at nagpaalam siyang may pupuntahan sila ni Halseth para libangin siya gaya ng plano nila. Baka nag-aayos at nag-ddesign na sila sa loob ng bahay nila kung saan gaganapin ang party habang wala pa siya.

I even fell asleep while they're polishing my nails. I just woke up on my bed and the first thing I saw was my dress for tonight. Saktong pagkatapos kong maligo ay dumating na rin ang stylist na mag-aayos sa akin.

"Huwag mong kapalan ang foundation, hmm? I want to show my freckles." I instructed her and she smiled.

"Sure, ma'am! Ako na bahala!"

Light make-up nga ang ginawa niya para hindi nakakairita sa mukha. Though it wasn't obvious because applied a dark shadow make-up on my eyes and cheekbones with some glitters on it. It really did define my freckles. She used a dark nude color lipstick on my lips.

Dahil natural ang pagkaka-alon alon ng buhok ko ay sinundan niya lang at dinipina. A large gold flower hairpin clipped on the right side of my face and just above my ear.

Tinulungan niya rin akong isinuot ang damit ko pagkatapos. It was gold sequin dress with a sweetheart neckline and a choker around my neck. The dress fitted my curves down to my waist and it was then flowy, a  balloon-like skirt full of shining crystals for the lower part and the edge hem reached below my knees. She was also the one who put my pointed heels on my feet because I can't reach and fixed the strings around my ankle. She helped me stand up and had a retouch.

"Am I pretty now?"

"Super, ma'am! You're still gorgeous even without any make ups!"

"Really? Thank you!" I giggled and faced the full length mirror.

I turned around and looked the details. The gold color of my dress is defining my white skin. I love it!

Sabay kaming bumaba habang alalay ako. Bitbit ko na rin ang relong regalo ko na nasa maliit na paper bag kasama ang isang itim na neck tie at mamahaling pabango na nabili ko din sa boutique na iyon. I packed my muffins too and hid it inside a paper bag.

"Our princess is so gorgeous!"

"Of course, like mommy!" I giggled and kissed her cheeks.

She wore a long shiny gold dress that fitted her body and has a small slit on the side showing her leg. They had her hair in a bun style, her shoulder and back showed because of the deep loose neckline of her dress. As for daddy, he's dashing with his black tuxedo just perfectly suited him! My sister won't change clothes here because she's still with Halseth right now. I wonder, what are they doing though?