Chapter 4 - Day of the Moon

- Day of the Moon, part 2 -

Back in Renfrew's office Astrid and Canton were going through files, "This place, it's been closed for years. What have you been doing?"

"Oh, the children. They must be cared for. It's important. That's what they said", Renfrew mused.

Astrid looked down at him, "That's what who said?"

The three all stared at each other confused before Astrid and Canton finally exchanged a look to continue their search. Then there was a knock at the door and Renfrew answered it, opening the door only a slit so they wouldn't see.

"It's just some questions", he replied to whatever he'd been asked, "Yes, I see."

"Who was that?", Canton asked. No reply.

"Doctor Renfrew, who was that?", Astrid repeated the question.

Renfrew sat down and slowly looked up at them, his eyes void of emotion, "Who was who?"

Canton made his way to the door but before he reached it a Silence entered. He stepped back and activated his recorder. So did Astrid.

"What are you?", Canton started, "You can tell us, because we won't remember. You invaded us. You're everywhere."

Suddenly Amy's voice came from outside, "Help me! Astrid, Canton, please! Help me!"

Astrid looked behind the Silence with worry but saw that she couldn't dash to Amy's aid without getting into trouble.

"Are you armed?", Canton continued.

"This world is ours. We have ruled it since the wheel and the fire. We have no need of weapons", the Silence rattled.

"Yeah?", Canton drew his gun and shot, "Welcome to America."

Astrid ran ahead immediately, "Amy!"

---

In the Oval Office the Oracle and the Doctor returned Nixon to his rightful place. The Oracle explained, "You have to tape everything that happens in this office. Every word, or we won't know if you're under the influence."

"You have to give me more than this. What were you doing at Apollo 11?", the President demanded.

"Mister President, in my humble opinion, we're fighting the scariest creatures in the universe. And me saying that means something. So please, you'll have to trust us. And only the two of us. We're doing something clever", she replied.

"Oracle, Doctor, it's Astrid", River popped out of the Tardis, "Quick, she needs us."

With zero hesitation the Time Lords followed River inside.

---

Astrid and Canton had found the room Amy's voice was coming out of, but the door was locked.

"Help me. Please, I can't. I can't see. Somebody help me."

Astrid threw herself against the door, "Amy! Amy, can you hear us?"

Canton pushed past her, "Amy, I'm going to try to blow the lock. I need you to stand back."

"Okay, gun down", the Doctor pushed past him, "No guns around my daughter. I've got it."

The Doctor sonicked the lock as Rory came up behind him, "Amy, we're here. Are you okay?"

"I can't see", Amy repeated.

They pushed into the room. "Where is she, Doctor?", Rory asked.

River leaned down to the spacesuit lying on the floor and opened the visor, "It's empty."

"It's dark, so dark. I don't know where I am. Please, can anybody hear me?", Amy's voice came from the nano recorder that used to be in her palm but was now blinking on the floor.