Chapter 9 - The Rebel Flesh

The Rebel Flesh, part 1 -

The Oracle entered the console room, wearing a comfortable, big red jumper, black leggings and black combat boots to hear music blasting as Amy and Rory played darts in the corner.

"Forty six. Rubbishy, rubbishy, rubbish", Amy told her husband.

"Hello? It's a double top", he argued.

"Wrong side of the wire, mister", she removed the darts from the board.

"You're on the ache, Red."

The Oracle walked past them to the Doctor who was looking at the scanner that still tried to figure out whether Amy was pregnant or not. She sighed and squeezed his arm comfortingly before turning the scanner and the music off.

"Who wants fish and chips?", she called out.

Rory raised his hand and the Doctor joined in on the idea, "We'll drop you both off. Take your time. Don't rush."

"Er, and you two?", Rory asked.

"They'll pop off and make babies", Amy joked with the words the Doctor had used on them back in Utah.

"Things to do", he ignored her, "Things involving other things."

"Well, we'll stay with you. We'll do the other things", Amy told him, "Unless that's code for popping off to make babies", she grimaced.

"Nope", he shook his head.

"Whatever you're up to, I'd personally like to be a part of it", Amy walked up the stairs towards the Time Lords.

"Unless it's popping off to make babies", Rory chimed in behind her.

"Will you drop that? My days", the Oracle rolled her eyes.

Instead of more chatting to reassure the humans that they had no intention to pop off and make babies their faces dropped with concern for Amy. She noticed, "What?"

They both opened their mouths to speak but suddenly there was a jolt and everyone quickly grabbed onto something.

"Solar tsunami", the Doctor read off the scanner, "Came directly from your sun. A tidal wave of radiation. Big, big, big."

"Oh, my tummy's going funny", Rory complained from where he held onto the bannister.

"Well, the gyrator is disconnected. Target tracking is out", the Doctor continued as they headed for Earth, "Assume the position!", everyone sat somewhere, heads down in their arms until it all went still. The Doctor came back up first, "Textbook landing."

The Oracle handed a red bottle to Rory, "For your funny tummy."

He took a sip and raised his eyebrows, impressed that he immediately felt better, "Whoa, what is that?"

"Yeah, you don't want to know", she took the bottle away from him, shut it and put it away, "Shouldn't have anymore than that in a week."

He looked after her in disbelief as she followed the Doctor out. Amy took his hand to pull him along as he was still frozen with worry over what his friend had just given him to drink. Outside the sky was orange from the impending solar tsunami. They had landed on an island, a monastery right ahead and the ground wet and muddy.

"Behold, a cockerel", the Doctor looked up, "Love a cockerel. And underneath, a monastery. Thirteenth century."

"Oh, we've gone all mediaeval", Amy commented as she stepped out behind the Time Lords.

"I'm not sure about that", Rory gestured in the air, referring to the faint music they could hear.

"Really? Mediaeval expert, are you?", Amy mocked him.