Chapter 12 - The Almost People

The Almost People, part 2 -

"Hey, there's a camera up", Jimmy drew their attention back to the screen, "We've got visual."

"That's Rory and Jennifer", Amy identified the figures running across the screen.

"They're heading for the thermostatic room", Cleaves pointed out.

"Let's go get them", Amy instructed, prompting the Doctor to throw his sonic to his counterpart. She furrowed her brows, "Hang on."

"We can't let him go. Are you crazy?", Cleaves said.

"Am I crazy, Doctor?", brown-shoes asked black-shoes.

The Oracle and he breathed out a laugh and then he said, "Well, you did want to plumb your brain into the core of an entire planet just to halt its orbit and win a bet."

"Oh, that was a good example", the Oracle patted his shoulder with a smile.

"He can't go rescue them. I'm going", Amy protested.

"Do you know, I want him to go. And I'm rather adamant", brown-shoes stood up to look right at Amy.

"Well then, he'll need company. Right, boss? It's fine. I'll handle it", Buzzer said when the other Doctor stood up as well.

"So, shouldn't I come, then?", the Oracle asked.

"No, wait, you can't go. We can't trust him", Amy told her.

"Amy, stop it. All this, I told him to sit in the corner because you were scared but whether you like it or not, I know him better than you do. And I trust him. Both of them", she threw a glance at 'Amy's Doctor' when she spoke.

"But-"

"We've been married for over nine hundred years and we've always been fine. So please let me carry out my own judgement", she interrupted her once more.

Amy glared at the Doctor behind her once more before deciding that the Oracle could take care of herself and stepping back in defeat.

"Thank you, Oracle. It'll be all right. We'll find him", black-shoes said and took her hand to lead her away.

"Can't explain it to you now", brown-shoes told Amy, "But I need you to trust him. Can you do that for me, Amy?"

Amy looked at him with fear for her friend, "And what if you're wrong?"

---

Black-shoes ran ahead into the courtyard, "I'm getting something."

"Is it human?", Buzzer asked.

"Yeah, it's human but it's fading. It's fading."

"Fading's bad", the Oracle said.

"Fading's very bad", he agreed, "Argh, the signal is gone. She's dead."

They ran across to find Jennifer's body and the Oracle crouched down, "My days, she must've been out here for hours."

"She was hanging on to the edge of life but she just slipped away", the Doctor felt her neck to be sure, "Oh, Jennifer, I'm so sorry."

"But if the real Jen's been lying out here?", Buzzer spoke up.

"Rory's in trouble", the Time Lords looked at each other in fear.

Then Buzzer hit the Doctor over the head with his torch.

"What are you doing?", the Oracle stared at Buzz in horror before crouching down next to her unconscious husband.

"Whatever kinds of weird kinks you have, lady. It's boss's orders. Us and them, innit?", Buzzer hit her over the head as well and she fell onto him unconscious.