Escape for yourself.

"HEY!"

He called out, as his voice echoed in the signal tower. Making the sound way louder than it should have been.

He was fighting against his companion, Six. Who was now turned into a monster by the signal tower.

Six helped him, He saved her. Multiple times, in their journey. Here he was again, trying to save his friend, trying to turn her back to what she was.

He knew she was never going to be the same again after this. He doesn't know why he even tries anymore.

5 times he thought she will pull him up, 5 times he thought wrong.

But here he was again, thinking that something will change. He knew its not worth it to have false hopes, but just.. one more try. He just wants to escape, along with Six who he still calls his friend.

He glares at the almost broken music box, drags his axe and hits it for the final time.

He loses his sight for a moment before it comes back again. Six was normal. And the way she got up and looked at him, the slight hopes of a change disappeared right then and there.

He still wanted to escape, so he ran. Six ahead of him. And the eye monster chasing them from behind. He runs, the monster trying to get to him. And him only. He looks ahead, six already making her way towards what seems like static. He falls, he gets up. He runs faster. Everything falling apart around him. He jumps, Six catches him. Her hand firmly gripping his own. And then he looks at her again.

He stares, she stares back at him. This is the first time she saw him, in this loop atleast. Her hand falters a little bit, as she makes a face what Mono can think is realization. After some time she makes a decision.

She lets go.

Again.

Mono looked calm when he was still hanging in the side of a cliff. Mono looked calm when she finally let go. Mono looked calm when he was falling down, knowing full well he wasn't going to die. Mono looked calm when he was walking ahead, already knowing whats coming for him.

He looked calm when he sat on that chair, he looked calm when eyes surrounded him, coming closer. And Closer and closer and-

He looked calm in that empty room, the familiar chair, the pink lightning, absolutely nothing but the monster to accompany him.

He was back here again, he thought.

And then he broke.

"Why did you do it six! Why do you keep doing it to me!? What have I done wrong?!"

"What did I ever do to deserve all of this!? Running away and escaping the mainland I once called home, with someone who I once called a friend, and then getting stuck in this place, only to realize I won't be getting out of here anytime soon, when I do it will be moments after I die, and the loop continues again!"

"Why can't it just stop, why can't you consider pulling me up, atleast one time!"

"Do you hate me cause you realized I'm thin man, who gave you a room to play with toys like you wanted to, or because of a darn music box, or both perhaps?"

"What changed? You pulled me up before but not now!?"

Nothing changed.

She pulled him up cause she needed him. She let go cause of her own safety.

She pulled you up, and dropped you down. For her own sake.

Everything she does was always for her sake.

This nightmare just doesn't end.

He wants to end it.

He has to end it.

He will end it.

Not for anyone else.

But him.

He will end his own nightmare.

He doesn't care if anyone else gets hurt because of him. He will survive. He wants to survive.

He doesn't care anymore.

If someone can't care for him, he won't care for someone.

6 times he thought he can escape with six. 6 times he thought wrong.

But the next time will be different. He will make sure of it.

__________

Ehh its pretty short, cause little nightmares is kinda new to me. Remember that this story is also based on my own theories. Not to mention its an Au where none of this is Canon. I just wanted a Moven story with well written plot. So here is the first part lol.

Word count
758 words.

Peace out✌
- Mon, 20 September, 2021