Danger, Affection.

Playtime was over. As much as Mono was living, who was he kidding, possibly the best moment of his life, he knew they had to keep going. Staying in one place is definitely not going to be safe for all of them. Especially here.

He got up, pulled Seven up with him, and tugged him towards the door. Seven understood, as he called the Nomes behind them.

The Nomes jumped off the bed, and began walking behind them.

As they appeared in the new room, a button was seen on the wall. It was quite high up for both of them to reach. Mono saw a toy lying in the floor, picked it up and threw it at the button.

While waiting for the elevator to open, Mono wondered why a random toy was here. Were there kids here sometime? Or did the monsters dropped it accidentally?

Or did someone tried to use it to push the button like them?

The door opened, it was an elevator. Seven and Mono went in. The Nomes grabbed the toy behind them as they entered, Seven took the toy and threw it at the door.

The elevator closed, as it began going down. The toy tumbled down after hitting the button, as it started playing. The Nomes shaking their head at the sound of it.

There were a couple of wooden boxes, a few of them having openings. Mono looked towards the wall from the elevator, as a light came in his sight.

The Elevator stopped, the door opening as it did.

The next hallway felt silent. There were sounds of water dripping down, and heavy winds blowing through.

Mono looked ahead, he felt like he saw something move. He blinked and the movement was gone, was he hallucinating? No there was definitely something there, as he had heard it too.

Seven took his hand, as he realized Mono stopped walking behind them. He began dragging him in, Mono thinking if he was just being paranoid.

The Nomes picked up the toy again, walking right behind them.

A large fan, larger then them, was on the wall. It was a working fan, blowing strong winds. Behind it was a bright source of light. Mono wanted to check it out, but he wasn't sure if going through the blades of the fan was such a good idea.

There were a lot of pipes, all around the walls of the hallway. Ahead of them was a big opening, and Mono's brain was refusing them to go on ahead. He gripped Seven's hand tightly, and stopped waking. Seven not being able to drag him any longer.

" What's wron- "

"Shhhh.. " Mono put his finger up and brought it close to his mouth (which wasn't visible) indicating to keep quite.

Seven obliged, shrugging his shoulders. Although he was curious. What was the reason why Mono suddenly didn't wanted to go on? Did Mono wanted to take a break again?
Or did he not want to go on anymore.. No, that was not it. Mono told him to keep it quiet, maybe someone's here.

Seven tried to listen to his surroundings, although he couldn't hear anything out of ordinary.

Mono took the toy the Nomes were still holding onto from behind, as he approached the opening, into the next area, very quietly.

Seven went ahead to watch what Mono was doing. He saw the scene in the next room, and he immediately understood.

He was about to warn Mono not to throw the toy, but it was too late. It landed near the opened cage, as it began playing.

Seven dragged him away from the opening, Mono understanding why when he heard the growl behind them.

The Nomes flinched, as they began running with them. They were much faster than both the boys, as they went ahead making their way towards the elevator.