Somethings never change.

As they moved along, they tumbled upon what seemed like a lot of stairs.

They have to go up, Mono looked above as he began walking ahead, The Nomes following behind him.

Seven started walking behind him, in a few moments they saw another room, so far this room was better than any other room they had been in.

It had tiles, of white and orange. A blue table with drawers and a wooden chair in the middle.

Mono entered, Seven didn't. All this felt so new to him. Even after living here for years, he had only heard these places existed, he had never seen them before. He looked around once again, and then he heard squeaks coming from the room.

Mono heard it too, he went closer towards the table. As another Nome popped up and began running towards the door.

Seven waited for the right moment before grabbing the Nome for a hug. The Nome stopped squeaking after a few moments.

Seven didn't put them down, as it could still run away because of Mono's presence.

Mono stared at him for a few moments, before he began walking around the room. He was getting a feeling that he was missing something.

He opened up a closet, which was blandly empty. No shelves, nothing.

He went backwards a bit to observe it well.

As he stepped in one of the tiles, it went downward a bit, and something opened. Mono looked ahead to see another opening in the closet. Which looked liked a hidden pathway now.

Seven gasped from behind. Mono stepped off the certain tile. as the door closed with a loud thud.

He had to keep something there for it to not move.

The chair, he had to move the chair here. Mono didn't wanted too. He knew it was stupid, but he wasn't really a fan of chairs here.

Seven could've dragged the chair instead, but he was holding a Nome. Mono was the only one then.

It looked like his discomfort was obvious, although Seven was confused. It seemed like Mono didn't like chairs, The Nomes gazing at the tile.

The Nomes on the ground looked at eachother, as they began walking ahead and stepping on the tile that would open the door. Their weight enough to hold the tile down.

Mono looked around, delighted he didn't have to drag the chair. He said 'thank you' in a low whisper. The nomes swaying their head from side to side.

Seven finally walked in, as they went to the new room opened up for them.

Mono stared, at the huge eye that was closed. Why eyes, can't we go two seconds without seeing them?

Seven recognized this place, the other kids who had tried to escape although were brought back by the Janitor often told them about their journey. He had heard about this room multiple times.

He let Mono hold the Nome in his hands, as he climbed up. He went closer to the silver button and pressed it. The eye opened to reveal the room with several beds.

The room Seven and Mono met, the room that was filled with kids sleeping, only for all of them to run on later. The room that became empty except for Seven and Mono, who stayed until the Janitor appeared.

It was filled with kids sleeping again.

" Wha.. did they get new people already? They aren't supposed to be full again until everyone has been taken fo- "

Seven stared in shock. New arrivals meant the older once have perished. But he was still alive wasn't he? Then why..

" I.. I am the only one alive aren't I..?" Seven trembled, as the eye closed due to not getting any other reactions.