*06*

It was a sunny day, the one which doesn't make you shy away from the sunlight and find a tree for shade, the one which begs you to bask in its warmth.

I was just going through some documents when Steve came in, "Hey Nina at what time will you free, I'll bring bucky to your clinic." he said politely.

I looked at him from my paperwork " I think he wont be comfortable in the clinic Steve, he has already  been in enough clinics and in front of people wearing white coats, So I suggest I meet him in the garden that would be a more free space, where you know he thinks he has things undercontrol".

"I think thats a very considerate thought y/n, I'll come with him, at what time?" he asked

Looking at my watch I tell him to meet me at 11'o clock in the garden.

A nervous and an overwhelming feeling was creeping up to me, I have to at my best behavior and personality to make James trust me and allow me to help him and I know I can help him and I will do that not because he is my friends best friend because he deserves a second chance at his own life.  

Checking my phone, a text popped up reading- " Lunch, after meeting the winter soldier?" . It was by Sam and I replied with a yes leading with smile emoji.

I walked up to my room to get ready to meet them and on my way I saw a big familiar man coming towards me.

"Oh my god happpppppppppppyyyyyyyy, God I missed you so much" Giving me a big smile, he took me in a bear hug.

For the world, Happy Hogan might appear as a mere employ of the stark industries but to us he is a part of our small dysfunctional family.

"I missed you too Doc, How are you?" Happy asked, putting my feet back on ground.

I dropped happy to his room and we promised to catch up later tonight.

I decided to wear something cool and comfortable and I thought of not wearing my white coat because it could intimidate Bucky and he had enough of lab coat's around him while he was in hydra.

I picked up a yellow summer dress and paired it with some slippers.

I went down towards the huge garden we had in the back of the stark tower, undoubtedly it was lavish and green.

I saw Steve and Bucky sitting on the bench near the fountain, Bucky had long hairs till his ears and a metal arm, he had a great physique.

" Hello Boys!" I greeted both of them enthusiastically with a huge smile on my face.

Steve turned over and  smiled, " Hey Bucky, this is y/n, She is Tony's little sister".

"Tony's little sister, really Steve, anyway,- Good morning James.", I replied.

Bucky's POV

I felt someone reaching us from behind , I was always alert after my time in hydra. It was very hard to easen up in normal situation but I felt better now as Stevie was with me.

Soon a young women was standing in front us in a yellow dress. She had very sharp features, her brown hair were in a ponytail and she looked like she worked out regularly.

Her eyes were brown colored until I could have analyze more she greeted us with a very caring and gentle voice I stood up and greeted her.

"So Mr. Barnes, I am glad I could finally meet you, Steve has told me a lot about you and your childhood." She sat on a seat in front of us.

"Has he not told you stories about me being the assassin" trying to hide the monster in me i replied.

"We can talk about that later, but can you tell me more about how Steve was before he became the star spangled man" she chuckled.

"Oh stop it y/n" Steve laughed off.

"He used to wear newspaper in his shoes to look taller and Steve do you remeber the rides in Coney island" I laughed at when i imagined Steve throwing up in a ride.

"That's hillarious cap" she laughed with a beautiful smile spreading across her face.

" Hey you guys heard of that blindfolded game, i used to play at all the time" y/n asked us if we would play.

Me and Steve used to play this game back in the 40's in his backyard and laughed like maniacs when the other one would hit something and fell on the ground.

" Buck, would you play" Steve asked holding up the blindfold.

" Ummm..umm yeah, let's relive how you always used to fall" getting up i said.

I looked at y/n she had a sense of accomplishment on her face when she smiled to me.

Her voice and smile were soothing, whenever she looked at me i felt that i am something else, something other than the winter soldier.
******
******
******
After 2 hours of laughing, giggling and playing the hillarious game three of us sat on the ground feeling the cold breeze against our skin.

I looked at her she was sweating badly i couldn't help but smile looking at her,there was a sense of comfort with her.

Steve left to bring something to drink and power us back. Leaving me and y/n alone, i thought she would be afraid to be alone with me looking at my scars and specially my metal arm but she scooped closer to me with an appropriate distance between us.

"So how'd you feel, Mr. Barnes. I had so much fun and i gotta admit you have some pretty darn skills to win the game" she said while wiping of the sweat and tugging a strand of hair behind her ear.

" To be honest, after so long I laughed to the fullest without the sense of hurting anyone and thank you for noticing my hidden Tallent to win the game" i chucked.

"Y/n, i know Steve told me that you are a doctor and you are going to help me with my trauma but aren't you scared of me, i mean i am the winter sold-"

She cutted me in mid sentence.

"When i look at you i see Steve's best bud, a brave soldier who served in the war, And yes i am going to help you but as a friend and not a doctor mr. Barnes. Dont worry we will bring the lady's man back" she gave me an assuring smile.

She left as she had patients waiting for her after her beeper rang.

She wasn't afraid of my metal arm or my past as winter soldier, she looked beyond that. She looked at my past before hydra used me as a weapon.

Other than Steve no one made me felt comfortable but she made me feel important and diffrent and not like  someone who needs help, sympathy or pity.

She wanted to be my friend and i smiled to myself assuming that it wouldn't hurt to have another friend besides Steve.
She had an impact on me on the first meeting only but we were completely opposite i was broken, scared, stuck in past and my hands will always be stained in someone's blood.

A tear fell on my hand while contemplating my thoughts.
On the the other hand she was so gentle, caring, full of life.

I want her to help me and i hope i dont hurt her or i would loose my chance to live a life.

I was grateful that tony allowed me to live with everyone. Both the Stark's are doing everything to help me.

Laying on the ground i drifted in my thoughts when a sweet nap engulfed me.