𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈𝐈

Flashback One Year Ago

Today was Grom and Y/N was so excited. She skipped her way to school and tackled her friend Will. Will was the Junior MC and was hosting the Grom this year.

Luckily for Will, he caught Y/N just in time, "What's got you so excited?" He asked as if he didn't already know. Y/N raised her eyebrow, "Grom duh!"

They laugh and Will carries her on his back to Azi, the JV cheer captain, and Will's boyfriend, and sets her down. Azi smiled and ruffled Y/N's hair, "What's up, girl? Ready for grom?"

Y/n nods excitingly. Edric and Emira walk over to join the group. "Yeah! Last year was fun!" Emira said smiling, "Already have a date!"

Will elbowed Y/N and whispered in her ear, "Did Edric ask you yet?" Y/N's eyes widened, and she kicked him in the shin. Will laughed and pushed her playfully.

Just then Principal Bump went on the announcer, "Good morning Hexside! Today is Grom and I have the honor of announcing the Grom royalty!" The students waited anxiously, and Y/N put a book in her locker.

"This year's Grom Queen is... Y/N Tarron!"

Y/N froze her eyes widening. Gasps were heard and students glanced at her in pity. Y/N stood staring at her locker horrified.

"Y/N?"

Azi shook her shoulder gently. She didn't acknowledge him as she stood in shock. Y/N knew exactly what she feared and if Grom was gonna become it she'd surely die.

"Y/N?"

This time it was Edric. Why did they have to choose her? She didn't understand. Why her? Why her?

"Y/N"

Edric grabbed her shoulder making her tense then relaxed. She finally looked up at her group and saw nothing but pity in everyone's eyes but Edric, he looked worried.

Y/N pushed past the group and speed walked away. She heard her name being called but she didn't look back. Once she saw an empty classroom, she entered the room and sat down. She hugged her knees and tried to control her breathing.