childhood greetings

In a nice quiet neighborhood, the Watsons finally move out of their house.

That means new neighbors!! you hope that there are actually kids you can play with.

Sighing and seeing the new family move in.
A tall man with dark brown hair and a little boy with black hair and a little birth mark on his head.

Gasping and wanting to immediately greet them you take off, putting on your shoes and bolt out the door. Not telling your mother where you're going.

"Hi!" they hear a small voice say

The tall man bends down to your level and goes "hey there little one, what are doing out all alone? don't you think your mother will be worried?" he says looking around

"Mmm, maybe but anyways! im y/n! and are you moving into that house mister. " The girl says prolonging the 'r'.

The man chuckles and says "Zhongli Mr. Zhongli." you laugh "Ok! Mr. Zhong
.. zhongli!" Then your attention turns to the little boy hiding behind him.

You stare at him and then blurt out "pretty" which causes the little boy to gasp and hide behind Zhongli even more.

Prompting another chuckle he says "Xiao theres no need to me shy. " The little boy glares and says "I'm not being shy. "

Just humming and the little boy comes out to say hi "woooow that birthmark is really cool Xiao-" the girl starts but is unable to continue her sentence much to the little boys delight.

"Y/n!! what are you doing outside I was looking all over for you" your mom says picking you up.

"I'm so so sorry if she was a bother." the older lady says apologetically.

"There's s no need to apologize your daughter is very well mannered i didnt mind" he says

"ah, thank you and have a nice day sir" the women says "Zhongli." he corrects. "Have a nice day zhongli" the women says following by her name.

After a good scolding you show up to Zhonglis house with a pie along with your mother. Upon arriving, Zhongli looks like he was very well expected this.

"Oh? hi miss what can i do for you today?" he asks "I would just like to drop off this pie as an apology and as a welcoming gift!" she says

"Ooh well would you like to come in? I was preparing dinner I'm sure there is enough room for two more" he says smiling genuinely.

"Oh well i dont see why not!" your mother says while stepping inside. Coming inside the house is very nice, boxes very well littered everywhere from the obvious move in but nice nonetheless.

Zhongli calls Xiao down from his room he then says "show Y/n your room! And be nice" Zhongli says the last part as a warning.

Xiao just nods unbothered and takes your hand to follow him.

Once making it into his room the little girl asks Xiao, "Hey! How old are you? " She asks looking at him "Four." He says holding up 3 fingers then slowly putting up another one

"I'm four too!" the girl says excitedly "I'm going to kindergarten next year! I hope we're in the same class.

Xiao silently agreeing looking around his room its a nice size with a window. looking out the window you spot where your room is "look thats my room!!" The girl says pointing excitedly.

"Wow" Xiao mutters "hey Xiao," she starts again to his displeasure again "Do you wanna be my friend!?"

Looking at her like he's seriously considering this he just nods deciding its best to agree in order to keep the girl happy "Yaaaay!!! I'm so happy, we'll be the best of friends" She exclaims

"And by the way xiao, dont be fooled the pie is store bought mom just put it in a plate and brought it here" you say Xiao just looks at the girl deciding against saying anything... Again.

She talks a lot i should probably avoid her he thinks to himself just by looking at Xiao you can tell he doesnt really like talking or socializing for that matter but that won't stop you from making a new friend.

"Xiao do you... know how to ride a bike??" you ask genuine curiosity gracing your face. "Yes" he says kinda ignoring you

Sighing you just lay down on the floor Xiao walks over to you looking quiet concerned "Whats wrong?" The girl asks the quiet boy "why are you on the floor? " He asks nudging your side, with his foot. You rolling over just for the sake of being dramatic.

"It's floor time" she says voice muffled by the floor "floor time?" He echos "Yes it helps me calm down or it relaxes me you should try it. " The little one says rolling over on your back to look at him.

His face contorts into disgust as he watches you lay there on the floor "no." He says quite sure of himself  "suit yourself. " You say unbothered by his disgust.

Finally letting curiosity get the better of him he lays down on the floor right next to her looking over at him to find hes already staring.

"Cold" is all he mutters "thats what makes it so relaxing!" She says laughing "floor time is my favorite time, sometimes I fall asleep on the floor and magically wake up on the bed!!" he didnt have a heart to tell you that its just your parents picking you up and putting you on your bed.

Turning her whole body to face him and he mirroring her finally after the miny staring contest she finally asks "Can i hold your hand?" a hopeful look in your eyes and again he doesnt have a heart to say no he silently hands over his hand.

Holding his hand she brings it close to her face and closes her eyes he was about to question what you were doing and then he hears snoring from the girl beside him.

Just looking at you until he got bored and fell asleep with you on the cold hard floor. the floor he looked at in disgust, yet he still chose to just fall asleep with you right here

After Zhongli was calling out your names to get you guys to come downstairs he sighs going into Xiaos room and seeing you asleep on the floor with Xiao he coos and snaps a picture showing it to your mom in which she asks for him to send the picture to her just to look back on.

word count
1097