November

Meeting with Xiao infront of your door you sigh "ugh its Monday... again, but at least we have turkey week off. I hope mom actually comes home" she mutters the last part under her breath.

Xiao sighing at her ignorance "ok so basically I have one recital I play on a Friday at five! I play the three songs and I practiced really really hard its on the 5th" she quiets down for a second

"are you even listenin'?" she asks in annoyance to hide the hurt.

"Uh huh I am" he says still typing at his phone deciding against calling him out on it. You just sigh deciding to take out your headphones and listen to music on the rest of your journey.

Yawning at lunch you for the nth time today Lumine then says "yeah it must be tiring being that pretty" she says getting bolder.

Chuckling a bit you reply with "Then you must be exhausted" successfully flustering her but hiding it behind laughs "can you two not? we're getting lonely over here" Aether says in return

"hoes mad" is all you reply with making his sister laugh even louder "anyways as much as I'd love to... eat with you guys I have to practice bye-bye now" you say picking up everything and leaving

Xiao cant help but feel its his fault hes the one pushing you away. so it is, he has no excuse but it still hurts to be pushed away as well.

Aether noticing the dip in energy when you left he takes it upon himself to ask "hey whats wrong" Xiao being Xiao "nothing" he mumbles in return closing off the conversation.

"Hey on the 5th you wanna see a movie Xiao? just me and you?" Aether asks hopefully Xiao just mindlessly agreeing to whatever Aether is saying at the moment.

But he cant help but shake the feeling that hes got something else planned that day... something more important to say the least.

Practicing relentlessly till your fingers hurt from pressing on the strings you sigh feeling like you arent crescendoing correctly.

Trying again and again to make sure its perfect, you arent playing this instrument cause you like it. you just wanna win. winning is always nice. and your determined to win so Xiao can congratulate you and tell you that you deserve this win.

Sighing you put away the instrument carefully as if its a peice of glass and then you hear slow clapping.

Looking over you see a boy... with red eyes? and a red streak in his hair "ah..." you trail off "oh, pardon my rudeness I heard your playing from the literature classroom and couldnt help but be intrigued by the melody" he has a soothing voice and presence for that matter.

"Ah, thank you" you laugh "I actually didnt notice you, I hope I didnt do anything weird" you sigh going back to closing the case "I assure you, you did nothing of that sort" he says voice getting closer

"may I ask of your name" he says politely "hm, isn't it rude to ask of someone's name before introducing yourself?" you say back reaching up to put the instrument in its respective cabinet.

"ah, apologies how rude of me. my name is kazuha kaedehara" he says his voice is very sweet chuckling a bit you sigh "ah, I'm afraid that I wont be able to pronounce your last name correctly but its a pleasure to meet you kazuha" you say finally meeting the boys eyes

"oh trust me the pleasure is all mine" he says almost flirtatiously "ohhh I bet all the girls like you" you laugh at his attempts to fluster you

"mmm are you part of those girls?" he questions "would you like me to be?" you fire back.

Taken aback by your boldness he just laughs "you sure are interesting" is all he says "I bet i am, but the bell is gonna ring so I'll see you around" you say sending a wink towards him before walking out then the bell rings

"Kazuha stop fuckin' flirting and get to damn class" a boy with a bowl cut yells at him "ok then" he says laughing while getting out of the classroom he really does hope to see you again. It'd be nice to have playful banter again.

He is very interested hes just so used to people losing composure right at his feet, most cant even look him in the eye. very fascinating indeed.

Getting to you class you absolutely melt was a boy flirting with you??? Let alone a pretty one??? God damn your one lucky bitch right now.

Not letting it cloud your mind any longer you sigh deciding to not let it get to you. this was a big school. Why should you fret over something like this.

"Something bothering you?" Xiao asks genuinely "mmm no, my fingers just sting a bit" without another word Xiao grabs your hand to examine your fingers.

Sighing with seeing the irritation on your fingers he gets out bandage tap and wraps it around your fingers. "When you get home put some neosporin on it" he says "alright" you try to pull your hands away but before you can he tightens his grip.

Before kissing it. the Xiao just kissed your fingers cause you were hurt... like you used to do when he lied about being able to ride a bike and fell off and scrapped his hands and knees.

Immediately letting go of your hands and turning to face the other way you instantly feeling emmbarresed and your heart beating a little bit faster.

You put your head down to hide you emmbaresment and trying to calm down fearing that your heart beat is so loud that even the boy next to you can hear it.

The boy next to you just kissed ypur finger tips. You wanna run around and squeal like a little girl laugh and just tease him.

But your mind is blank all you can see is the way he so gently held your hand and kissed it almost afraid to hurt you more.

and with that the day ended.

word count
1037