its spooky month

"Xiao, Xiao, Xiao, Xiao-" you repeat "oh my god what?" he responds annoyed "its spooky month! What are you gonna be for halloween?" You ask "I dont know" he says looking back at his phone.

"Thats no fun, but neither do I, we should match!" you say jumping right next to him on his bed "ew no"

"Hey! Don't be fuckin' rude! anyways we should be an angel and a devil!" you say "I'll be the devil you can be the angel!" you say already looking up costumes.

"Why would I be the angel???" he asks "Cause you're the only angel in my life" you say nonchalantly "that was so bad" he muttered.  "damn I tried" she say looking back at her phone.

"Y'know what would fit your aesthetic? The grim reaper"

"dunno if I should be offended or pleased" he huffs "Dunno what I should be though, something generic I'll be a grim reaper with you" she says like she did a lot of work "I'll buy everything dont worry" you say knowing Xiao wont buy jack shit till its way too late.

"Anyway im gonna get tickets to go see a movie today at 5 so dont be late."
you say leaving his room

The original plan was to see some cartoon and be over with the movie to do something else but now look it was all sold out and now your watching a scary movie sitting down with a drink you visibly tense up sitting in there.

"Are... are you scared?" he genuinely asks "No, im just cold" she says rubbing her arms to seem more believable sighing he takes off his jacket and tosses it at her "oh, thank you Xiao" you say looking at him

"mhm" is all he replies with bringing the jacket closer to her as a sense of comfort. Xiaos presence has always been comforting even his scent. That sounds really weird but its the truth you've spent so long with each other that even his mere scent gives you comfort, then the movie starts.

A jump scares comes out of nowhere catching you completely off gaurd you manage not to scream but you flinched so hard that Xiao turned to look at you.

Leaning over to your ear saying "are you sure your not scared?" he whispers a smug look on his face as if hes telling you he already knows the answer.

In return you just grab a handful of popcorn and shove it into your mouth saying "no" with your mouth full.

After another considerably scary scene pops up you grab his hand as a sorce of comfort to which he stifles a laugh at your stupidness why not admit that your scared.

When you realize you've held his hand you try to let go but he tightens his grip on your hand not wanting to let go.

"Finally" you sigh walking out "dunno why you didnt admit you were scared" he huffs in return fake gasping "me?? scared pffft as if" you say very sarcastically "anyways what now?" you ask pulling him with you.

Until a girl comes up to xiao completely ignoring your presence and asks "Hey, I think youre really cute can i get your number?" she asks phone in hand.

Xiao shifting nervously on his feet not knowing what to do since girls usually dont approach him "haha" you start then suddenly linking hands with Xiao "I'm actually his girlfriend... so, no" you say trying to be polite.

"I didnt ask you, he can tell me myself" is all she responds with "ok then" is all you say "not interested" is all xiao says walking away leaving the girl stunned.

you just look back and smile then Xiao tugs a little harder to get you to keep moving "you're being a little rough don't you think?" you say almost like your suggesting something.

"As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted" she emphasizes on some words "we should get cake, there was a cute cafe by here lets go!"

"what cake do you want Xiao" she asks "uhhh, you pick???" is all he says

Ordering what you want and something for xiao you go sit back down "I'm tired" is all you say when you sit down "Xiao did you dye your hair yourself?" you ask "yeah remember you helped me" he said putting down his phone.

"ohhh yeah of course we did such a good job" you say putting your elbow on the table "we??? last time I checked you forgot to put on gloves and burned your damn hands" he huffs "Hey, hey, hey, hey, no need to go into details now" is all you say.

Then you burst out laughing "oh my gosh that was hilarious you were so panicked that moment it was so damn funny, I have a pictures of you with the blonde and you trying to put the blue in your hair theres some blue on your face to" you say in between laughs.

"No, I hate that picture so much" he sighs putting his hands on his face "No, no its cute you look so surprised its the best thing ever"

Continuing to talk over cake you suddenly reach over and take off the chocolate on his face xiao instantly rubbing at the spot "relax I got it" she says

him just expecting you to wipe it off with a napkin but being completely baffled when you put your finger in your mouth.

"hey that cake its really good can i have a bite?" you ask genuinely still completely baffled by what you just did he doesnt register what you say until you question him "Xiao?"

"uh yeah" he mindlessly gets his fork and hold it out to you in which you just lean over and bite it

To which you return with the same gesture holding out your fork saying "here try mine!" and again he mindlessly does as told.

"Aww you two are such a cute couple" an elderly lady tells you "I'm sorry we're not a cou-" Xiao doesnt get to finish before you smile brightly and say "thank you!" and then going back to talk to Xiao.

"Why cant you be that romantic!" you here the elderly lady yell at her husband while walking away "Pffft-" you start before gaining your composure.

After some time you say "hey yknow how we're in band right?" you say out of nowhere "of course I do we're in the same class" is all he replies with.

"Well I got accepted to compete for the school and my mom definitely won't come to see so how about you? its in November so im pretty you can make it-" you over explain.

"Of course I wouldnt miss it" he says mouth full of the cake you bought "promise?" you say extending your pinky "so dumb" he mutters under his breath "promise." he says interlocking pinkys with you causing you to smile at him