november 2nd

"Tuesday" you say at your desk seriously. "What's up with that you just said 'Tuesday' our of no where" Xiao asks looking up at you.

"No reason just the study group" you say "and I have my violen recital soon!" you add excitement evident in your voice

Before you get to continue talking your interrupted by Aether "hey Xiao," he starts but your not really interested so you decide to just think before you get snapped back into reality with Lumine "y/n i think your really pretty" is all she says.

But its enough to make you snap your head towards her at the sudden compliment "ah thank you, I really like your hair. actually can I braid it like the little two. right here" you say gingerly touching at the longer front ends of her hair.

Suddenly getting bashful from her bold move she just nods covering her face in which you happily turn your chair around and start to braid the girls hair.

"aaand all done!" you laugh looking at the little braids "i think I did a fabulous job if I do say so myself" you say.

In which lumine just looks at them then looks to you "ah, um thank you I really like it"

"haha, no problem your hair is sooo soft to I'd happily braid it again" you say turning around in which she just nods.

Her brother on the other hand gives her a knowing look laughing at the new reactions he gets to see from his sister in return she sends a glare enough to make him stop his antics.

This lunch again you say "I have to go practice, I'll meet you later?" you ask Xiao "yeah" is all he said

You wish you to would be normal now you might have to confront him about that later.

Sighing and taking off the tape off your fingers. It feels wrong to not feel the strings touch your fingers.

Starting the first song she plays the first note immediately stopping from the wretched noise "That wont do" she sighs to herself before tuning the instrument by ear.

Sighing in contemptment she stands up getting in position. Reading each note on the page like its one of your favorite books that youve reread mutiple times already knowing the words but still looking over for safe keeping.

Letting the music control you getting louder when the music needs to he louder and quieting down when the music calls for it.

Finally done with all three pieces you sigh you loved music but were you really doing this for you was it something you wanted? was it something you genuinely enjoyed doing or was it something that you just got praised for and good at that now you cant stop cause it'd be a waste now.

Looking at your music with a melancholy look you then hear the same soft and silky voice of yesterday "Its like you get better by the day, but there seems to he something troubling you?"

"Its nothing to worry about, anyway you seem to not be able to stay away?" she hums setting the instrument down so delicately.

"Perhaps" is all he returns with you laugh at this "do you mind playing this peice of music?" he asks giving you a paper.

Raising a brow you take the sheet music and look at it "ah, seems simple... enough. it wont be perfect the first time so dont expect it to be that good" you sigh going back to your original spot to read the music.

Picking up the instrument oh so gracefully you read it a bit trying to figure it out playing a few of its notes to get used to it.

and then you count under your breath "1..2..3..4" and then you play getting lost in the music once again.

allowing yourself to just let go and completely play looking at the crescendo thats coming up as the violen gets louder and louder eventually quiting down into small staccatos and the song coming to a close

"wow" is all kazuha can muster from the beautiful music that you just played "are you certain that you have never played this song before?" he asks genuinely.

"ive actually listened to it a couple of times i really like it" is all you say in return "thank you" he still says amazed by the way you played "there is no need to thank me, I liked playing the music" you say shaking your head.

"hmm, is that so?" he asks almost like hes taunting you "yes, it is so" you return "so yesterday you said you came from the literature room? what are you doing in there?" she asks curiosity brimming from her as she sits across from him.

"I'm actually writing a book about unrequited love" he says "oh? well I would like to read it" she excitement dripping from her words

"Actually yesterday I came across a stump that i just couldnt shake no matter what I did, but then I heard the melody coming from this classroom and I was instantly flooded with inspiration" he explains

But to his surprise you don't look uninterested or bored your actually paying attention to what he was saying "go on" you reply waiting for him to continue.

"Yes, yes and the main character is inlove with someone who they cannot obtain, as if they were always out of grasp but in their grasp as if water is running through someones hands" he explains "sounds... tragic" you respond

"what prompted you to write such a thing?" she inquires "hm... that is a good question I would like to think of it as the sun and the moon" looking at you as if asking permission to continue

nodding at him he continues "I like to see it as the moon having unwavering love for the sun, but the sun cannot ever be with them because they belong to the earth, nurturing and caring for it, the sun has a duty a thing... to do, it cannot worry about the moon just yet, the sun will always shine brighter than the moon, and the moon will always look at the sun in admiration... but thats all that it can do" he explains

"your gonna make me cry" the girl says patting her eye "please thats so beautiful. its a beautiful depiction of what the relationship of the sun and moon, i hope that when you write your book you get famous" she says looking at him in aw

"There is no need, I dont intend to get famous off of book. i just enjoy writing a lot" is all he says in return

"So noble" she snorts "hey! don't make fun of me now" he sigh "who said i was makin' fun of you! im being serious!" She laughs.

Continuing the rest of lunch making idle chit chat before you start packing up your instrument "ah did I distract you from practicing?" he asks almost guilty.

"No , kazuha you didnt I have my music right I just think practice is good! but I don't need it right now" you say reassuring him

"oh? confident are we?" he asks tauntingly "yes actually very confident" she says making eye contact with him.

Putting the instrument in the shelf you say a quick "I'll see you later" before making your way out of the classroom just as the bell rings.

yall like my foreshadowing???
yes i do too <3