XXIV

I managed to find my way to the garden, it had a full view of Asgard and it was even more beautiful at night. The breeze was warm and comforting, the grass was incredibly soft under my feet.

"You doing okay?" Lena said emerging from behind the flower bushes.

I raised my eyebrows at her and tilted my head to the side, "Well...in the span of an hour I told my husband who has crippling anger issues that I had a one night stand, learned my entire life has been a lie, that you of all people lied to me, I am a princess and now your sister in law." I ran my hands over my face and sighed.

She forced a half smile, but nodded her head, "Okay yeah, sorry...dumb question."

"This is my worst nightmare," I mumbled, I wrapped my arms around my knees and rested my chin on my arms.

"Ouch," She joked, I didn't really find it funny and I saw her roll her eyes, "Alright this is bigger than I thought...Harlow you can come out now."

I watched Harlow also come out from the bushes, trying her best to carry cups and bottles of wine but she was also trying to hold her dress up so she didn't trip over it.

"Shit," She breathed finally after handing Lena the massive pile in her arms, "I forgot the damn snacks!"

"I think this will be fine," Lena held out a golden chalice for me and I gladly took it while Harlow dumped the red liquid inside.

"Your husband needs therapy," Harlow spoke as she sat next to me, she pulled her dress out and fluffed the skirt.

"He is in therapy," I chuckled softly and swirled the drink in my cup, "He just...I don't know it's hard to explain."

"All I'm saying is he had no right to say that to you," Harlow said defensively, Lena nodded in agreement as she clanked their glasses together.

"Can we not talk about this? And maybe think about how I have been lied to my whole life?" I deflected and looked directly at Lena.

"I'm sorry Em," She said guiltily, "But I had to know...who else would have been able to help you? You could have killed someone." Her voice was barely over a whisper.

Tears formed in my eyes, "I know okay? I mean..I don't remember it but that doesn't make me a monster. I'm glad you know how to help me but maybe this could have all been prevented if I knew. I wouldn't have tried to kill anyone, and I could have controlled this years ago."

Harlow tilted her head from side to side, understanding where I was coming from with it. "I wouldn't want to be related to Loki."

Lena rolled her eyes, "He's not as bad as you guys make him out to be.."

I raised my eyebrows at her, "But James is? Loki is an asshole for fun, James has the most traumatic baggage someone could ever have."

She winced at my response and cleared her throat, "Alright. Truce?"

I nodded and took another drink of wine, the alcohol burned my throat but I needed it. Part of me wanted to forget everything that happened today, and then tomorrow when I woke up this would all be a dream. I looked up at the sky admiring the stars and the solar systems that you could see, this was a once in a lifetime view. The kids would go crazy over this place, I have a strong feeling we wouldn't get very far and they would solely be mesmerized by the bridge. Paisley would go absolutely nuts if she knew that her mom was a princess. I can imagine the excitement that would race through her and the look on her sweet face.

"Emma slow down," Harlow spoke up, I completely forgot they were sitting with me. I looked at her an noticed my vision a bit blurry. "Normally I am all for drinking but this stuff is stronger than you think it is." She hiccupped. Lena laughed at her and took another long drink.