XXIII

"Loki where are we?" I asked for what seemed to be the millionth ti*me. As we grew closer to the castle, the townspeople were greeting Loki excitedly. They were all so nice, and they were beautiful...none of them had a single flaw.

"Emma," Loki stopped in the middle of the street and grabbed my shoulders before cupping my face in his hands, "I know you are curious but please hold on a little while longer. If you are so curious, we are in Asgard. Now please....relax." His blue eyes pleaded with mine, he was being genuinely nice about it but you could see in his eyes he was trying to mask his irritation with me.

James slapped his hands off of me and glared at him with a clenched jaw, "Don't touch her."

"James," I warned pushing on his chest to make him take a step back, "It's fine." He was stiff as a board and you could tell he was extremely uncomfortable. Being in a place with no answers, he's on high alert and on edge.

We continued on and eventually made it inside, the interior was breathtaking and it seemed straight out of a fairytale. You could hear our footsteps echo in the halls as Loki led us straight into a throne room. I was pleasantly surprised to see Thor sitting in the chair, he smiled warmly at us.

"Wow," I heard Harlow breath out next to me. I turned to look at her, she was nodding her head in approval.

"Hi honey remember me?" Clint stepped in front of her and crossed his arms.

"Oh yeah," She said kind of flat and slightly disappointed, she squinted her eyes a bit at him. That instantly helped me relax more, seeing Harlow be her normal self. Not caring where we are or how we got here, just going with the flow and swooning over anyone she finds attractive.

"Loki," Thor began before standing up and walking towards us, he greeted the boys and Lena. "What brings you here?"

Loki didn't say anything at first, he turned to the side to reveal me standing behind him. Thor gave him a quizzical look. "This is Emma."

Thor looked at me and I could physically see a slight wave of realization wash over his face and he quickly washed it off. "Emma...it's a pleasure to meet you." his deep voice was enchanting.

"My name is Harlow," she squeaked out, Clint grunted and sighed loudly.

Thor chuckled and bowed his head slightly at her, "Nice to meet you Harlow...come. I will show you to your room."

He walked proudly and confidentially, Harlow followed closely behind. She was like a kid in a candy store, completely disregarding the fact that her husband is behind her. Thor led us to a huge room, Loki kissed Lena's hand as he ushered her inside and closed the door, leaving himself and Thor outside.

"Lena," James hissed while pacing and rubbing his face, "Tell me what is going on."

"I can't," She finally admitted, I knew she was acting too casual and comfortable.

"Please," I begged and walked over to her. "I am scared Lena..I don't know where I am, the door has been opened and I can't let James find out what happened -"

"Shh!" She covered my mouth, "You are so blind, that I can't even wrap my head around it...I know you're scared. But you have nothing to be scared of, I promise. We all need to change into different clothes, there is an event happening tonight." She looked at everyone as they scattered to different parts of the room, there were racks of dresses and armor hanging up for us to choose from.

I turned to start looking for a dress but ran into James instead. I stumbled back a couple steps before meeting his gaze, "James can't find out what?" He quoted, his brow sat heavily on his face.