XIV

James' eyes were dark, they were intoxicating to me. I could feel the heat of his body radiating off of him, he put both arms around me and pulled me against him. I shuttered under his touch, the vibranium arm was cold against my skin, giving me goose bumps. I kissed him deeply, feeling him exhale against my lips...he flipped us over so that way he was hovering over me. His hair was a mess from me running my hands through it, I could feel that my lips were enflamed from kissing him and his stubble scratching me. As he leans down, his dog tags gently glide against my chest before I twirl my fingers around the chain.

Out of nowhere, the door opens and Harlow walks in while speaking, "Guys we have to get going in like an hour," She looked at us while setting a mug of coffee on the end table next to the bed for me, completely neutral and made her way to the windows before opening the blinds. The sun beamed in, I squinted my eyes as they started to sting.

She seemed weirdly unbothered, she looked around on the floor and kicked my dress along with scattered parts of James' suit out of the way to clear a path before sitting down on the bed. My cheeks instantly turned red and I sighed loudly. James couldn't move because if he did Harlow would get a full view. So he stayed propped up on his arms and hovered close to me, trying to cover my chest. I kicked her with my foot as she turned to look at me, she finished taking a sip of her coffee before moaning in satisfaction.

"This is great coffee," She examined her cup, not even acknowledging that I was trying to get her to leave.

"Harlow," James growled lowly while shifting his weight to look at her. He was still breathing heavily, I crossed my arms over my chest making sure to keep myself covered since she decided to leave the door to our room wide open, I'm sure this is what everyone wanted to see this morning.

"Hm?" She acknowledged while swirling her mug, she looked between James and myself before continuing, "Oh! Sorry, am I interrupting something?" She had a questionable look on her face and motioned her hand back and forth between James and I.

She sighed and got up off the bed before kneeling down next to me, James pushed his pelvis against me so she couldn't see anything, the feeling made my breath hitch in my throat. "Nice job killer."

She winked at me before exiting the room, still couldn't be bothered to shut the door behind her. I don't think I could have felt more embarrassed, and the weirdest part is I wasn't embarrassed that she walked in...I was embarrassed that James had to witness Harlow walking in on us. I could imagine her doing something like this, but I didn't think she would actually go through with doing it. James gave me an annoyed look, I pulled his face to mine and kissed him softly before rolling out from under him. I motioned the door to shut with my hand before getting up out of the bed, I walked to the closet and searched for an outfit.

We had decided to stay in one of Stark's townhomes that he bought so we could stay there while we were on business missions. He claimed to have stocked the closets with clothes, but I honestly wasn't sure what I was going to find inside. I was happy to find a black jumpsuit, it was form fitting and reminded me of something that Nat would wear. It had pockets and clips for all sorts of weapons, which we were likely going to need at some point or another. Once I was dressed I put braids on one side of my head, leaving the rest down and it was still halfway curled from the night before. I was pleasantly surprised at myself, I felt powerful and sexy wearing this and as an added bonus it was surprisingly comfortable. I slipped black boots on before coming out and grabbing the mug that Harlow had left on the nightstand for me, I took a sip of the warm drink and she was right...it is good coffee.

I made my way through the house and into the living room where everyone was seated, there was huge glass windows that showed the most beautiful ocean view. The forest covered the cliff tops and it was honestly a stunning view. If there was one thing that I knew about Tony it's that he had expensive everything, some of it looked rather uncomfortable, but to my surprise it was. The whole house had an open concept so you could see everything that was going on. The rest of the girls were ready to go and chit chatting, we are all wearing something pretty similar and that made me weirdly happy because it was like we all fit in together. The only thing different were the colors: I was in black, Nat wearing white, Harlow wearing a dark navy, and Lena was wearing a dark forest green. It almost looked black, but when the light shined on her you could see the hues of green. I sat down on the couch next to Lena, there were files and papers spread across the coffee table.