XXVII

I grunted from the weight of James laying on me. He looked around, making sure there wasn't any other Smog coming after us. "You're a lot heavier than you look."

He stood up and pulled me to my feet while rolling his eyes, I adjusted the holster on my leg and continued to follow Lena. As the fog dissipated, everyone spread out to search the house. We didn't travel too far, being sure to stay together as a group. I looked behind me and watched Clint walk down a set of stairs, he adjusted his gun that was resting in the back of his pants as he walked. His eyebrows were sitting heavy on his face, his eyes scanning the room.

"Upstairs is clear," He spoke walking past me, caution in his strides.

Everything grew quiet as the people ran out of the house. Some party guests were looking at us like we were nuts going further into the house versus running away. Harlow kept bumping shoulders with people, I could hear her curse under her breath every time it happened.

Henry smiled standing in the middle of a frantic bunch. The room slowly clearing around us as Lena stopped in her tracks. Loki stood tall next to her, his daggers secured in his hands.

"You all seem a bit on edge," He sneered.

"Where's your pet?" Clint asked, he turned his body slightly towards an office room that was off to the side.

"Oh he will make an appearance don't worry..." His voice trailed as he paced back and forth slowly. "I wanted to play a little game."

"What is this? Saw?" Harlow scuffed and rolled her eyes.

Henry chuckled lowly looking at the floor, he tilted his head up and clenched his jaw, when the house was finally empty he glanced at the door behind us and it slammed shut before locking.

"Didn't see that coming," Clint rolled his eyes sarcastically.

Henry stayed silent but kept his eyes on us, behind him at the end of the hallway you could see the Smog floating in the air, not coming after us. We stood a good distance away from them, I shifted my eyes towards Lena. She had a stone cold look on her face, ready for any movement that was going to be made.

Henry raised his eyebrow and one of the Smog that was behind him dashed towards us. We spread apart, all of us pulling out weapons to fight. It went straight for Lena and before it reached her, hit the ground and turned into Lena's younger self. She had an evil smile plastered across her face. My eyes widened before me, Lena was frozen in disbelief. Loki took no chance and took the first swing which was dodged easily as she shifted slightly away from him.

Her eyes shot at him and her smile dissipated into a slight smirk. She turned slightly to face him and lifted her fingers, Loki began to lift off the ground.

"What the hell," Clint spoke aloud. We were all thinking the same thing, because how could she be here? I locked her away, Lena wasn't attacked by them either. He pulled an arrow head out and threw it at her, it exploded and caused her to fall. Breaking her eye contact from Loki, he dropped to the ground and caught his breath.

Lena swiftly pulled a knife out and swung her arm down to stab her younger self, when she vanished. I could see Lena's breathing starting to pick up, we all looked around for her and slowly spread apart to search other rooms. I heard laughter coming from Henry.

"I love this game," His accent dripped from his tongue, and he crossed his arms.

This time, all the smog came out from behind him and darted in scattered directions towards everyone. Harlow ducked down and took a shot at Henry, the bullet went right past his thigh. He inhaled sharply and his eyes turned black, he backed away slowly and held his arms out. In doing so, a man appeared in front of her. Tall, more on the slender side but he looked to be the definition of sneaky and malicious.