Chapter 7- Dreams

A woman was sitting on a couch in what seemed to be a living room, but I didn't know who this woman was. She seemed so familiar, yet I had no idea who she was or where she came from. I didn't even know where I was, but I felt safe. The woman had light brown hair that could almost pass as blonde, just like mine. Her eyes were a vibrant green. She was just staring at me and I was staring back at her. I wanted to ask her a question, but my mouth just wouldn't let me.

"Time to get ready for bed, darling," the lady said.

"Okay, mom," I said unwillingly. Wait, mom? Was she my mom? Or was this just some random lady that was keeping me occupied? No. There was no way I was just making this up. This lady had to be my mother, but I had never met her before in my life. Maybe she was my mother. I felt an odd pull to her. It was like we were magnets searching for each other, but not being able to reach each other because something is in the way.

I also seemed to be a lot smaller than usual, and I realized this as my little body made its way up the stairs of what I assumed to be my house. Then, I walked into a little girl's room that I also assumed to be mine. The room was purple and decorated with white butterflies all over the walls. I hopped in the bed that seemed to be unusually high.

"Get comfortable, Aria," the woman told me. I snuggled down into the comfortable bed, and my "mom" tucked me in. That's when we heard a knock on the door and I turned to my "mom" with a questioning gaze, but she just gave me a worried look in return. She got up and walked downstairs to see what was making all of the noise.

Then, I heard a loud thud, so I went to explore where the strange noise came from, but I wished I hadn't. I saw my so-called mother being apprehended by these men in uniforms. They weren't police officers, but they definitely could be from Hydra.

"Run!" she shouted, and I did. I was scared out of my mind, but I ran, and ran, and ran, as fast as my little legs would take me. I didn't make it very far, though, when I was grabbed and yanked backward by, who I took to be, one of the men that barged into my house.

***

I woke up in my room at the compound, but my brain was the only thing awake, my eyes wouldn't open. I could tell I was in my room because of the smell; my room had a certain smell that was somehow comforting. I could hear, smell, and feel things, but my eyes would just not open as much as I tried, nor would the rest of my body. I felt like I had been lying there forever when someone walked into the room.

"If she doesn't get up in the next 24 hours we will have to kill her," a voice said. It was a tired voice from a man that seemed familiar to me somehow. But forget that, he said I was going to be killed if I didn't wake up. "Watch her, and if she wakes up, come get me," the voice said to someone. Great, now I had to be watched by someone, too; definitely no pressure at all. The man with the old voice walked out of the room, but the other person in there made his way over to one of the chairs in my room.

"Please, wake up," another familiar voice said. It was one of those voices that were so familiar that it was on the tip of my tongue, but I couldn't quite reach it. Whoever it was, I agreed with them. I needed to get up; I was too young to die. This was also not the place where I would meet my end, and I wanted something better than whatever Hydra did with their dead people, which was probably throwing them in the forest to be eaten by the animals.

Whoever was there let out a big sigh, and got up to walk around the room a little bit. They started pacing back and forth, which just made me even more anxious to open my eyes. This person was not helping me in any way, shape, or form. "Just open your eyes," the voice said, sitting back down in my chair, "That's all I need." That's when it hit me. The person that the voice belonged to was Winter.