Chapter 13- The End As We Know It

The one they called the Winter Soldier and I were sitting across from each other in our cells when we heard the announcements go off. It was a voice that we both somehow knew shouldn't be coming over them and it was telling people about the price of freedom or something.

Guards came in immediately with orders from who I assumed to be Alexander Pierce, the head of this whole operation. They released us from our cells and gave us our missions. A man with blonde hair, who they called Captain America, a man with wings, otherwise known as Falcon, and a woman named Natasha Romanoff would be trying to take down the ships that were currently being released. We were to stop them from infiltrating and taking down the ships. They also told us that if we fail, then we would be killed. We would be killed brutally and mercilessly.

The Winter Soldier and I nodded our heads to show them that we understood what was being asked of us and we knew the consequences if we didn't complete the tasks. That was all that was allowed of us.

We raced to where the "helicarriers" were being stored and each made our way onto one. Lots of shooting could be heard from inside the bunker where we were, but we kept ourselves hidden inside and waited for the real fight to begin.

The helicarriers started to launch and I made my way to the runway on the top of mine where I decided to hide out until the fight came to me. This is when I heard some shooting going on from down below, so I looked to find Captain America and the Falcon running towards where the helicarriers were slowly taking off.

As Falcon spread his wings, he flew right towards the first helicarrier that was taking off, which just so happened to be the one I was hiding on. Large guns, that were built into the ship, started to fire at the winged man and made him fly every which way to dodge the shots. He flew up to avoid being hit, but the guns kept firing. I didn't know how he didn't get shot at least once, but at the same time, it kind of amazed me. The missile kept firing, but eventually, Falcon pulled a one complete one-eighty and flew back towards the helicarrier, dodging every shot that was fired in his direction.

While he was busy dealing with other agents already on the helicarrier, I was able to get onto a jet that was placed on it as well and flew straight at the featherless birdman. I hit the button that would make the plane fire some shots at him, but he was able to fly back and forth between other jets that were placed along the runway of the helicarrier. Back and forth he went until he came to the last jet on the edge of the helicarrier. I shot at that jet and, sure enough, it blew up, causing him to retract his wings and roll right to the cliff of the carrier. I didn't stop there, though; I continued shooting at him. Just when I thought I had him dead for sure, he jumped off the carrier backward and shot at the jet I was in.

I lost track of him for a split second, but quickly found the tip of his wing before he flew under the helicarrier, which I followed. I started shooting at him from the jet again, as we raced underneath the giant ship in the sky. I quickly got him right where I wanted him on my radar and shot at least twenty missiles that followed him. It didn't take me long to realize how bad of an idea that was because Falcon used the missiles to damage the ship, and he even let the last one hit the giant glass part underneath it.

Falcon flew back in, and I knew that he did whatever he needed to do because he flew out very quickly, which meant I had failed to save this ship, but there was still hope for the other ones. Luckily, the ship I was on was above the other two. I figured that one of the ships had also already been overtaken, so I made my way to the one where the Winter Soldier was to see if I could help.

Apparently, the Winter Soldier had been taking out people on the ground because when I looked for him on the helicarrier I believed him to be on, he wasn't there. Instead, he was flying up to it in a plane that he had shot the driver out of.