Chapter 21- Seconds

Aria
My head is pounding, my hands feel like they are on fire, and my body feels like it was just whipped around in a tornado. None of this pain hearts as bad as my heart.

    So many memories came back to me during the energy blast. I remembered so many things about Natalia, including how she just left without me, even after we had a plan to escape together.

    I remembered bits and pieces of my relationship with Winter... or Bucky. It seems like we were close and had a good relationship after a while, but I still can't remember a lot of things about us. There are gaps in my memory.

    As I regain consciousness, I also regain feeling in my body. I can feel someone holding my hand. I'm assuming it's Natalia or Tony. I don't want to see either of them right now, especially Natalia. She literally left me to die.

    I slowly open my eyes, squinting from all the light in the room, and I'm not surprised to find Tony sitting at my bedside. He fell asleep with his head in the nook of his arm on my bed. He looks like he hasn't gotten sleep in a while, which makes me question how long I was out for.

    I must make a little noise without realizing it because the next thing I know Tony is standing up and bringing me into his arms. He has tears in his eyes but is trying to hide that. Tony tries to say something, but I can't hear him.

    "What are you saying?" I ask him. I think he tries to speak up, but I can't hear anything that he is saying. I think I've gone deaf.

    Tony yells for someone, but I still can't hear him.

    Bruce is the next person to come into the room, most likely being the person that Tony called for. I can't tell if he is asking me questions or if he is talking to Tony, but he is saying something to one of us.

    The next thing Bruce does is take a pen and a paper to write something down. When he holds it up, I read, You lost your hearing in the blast, but it should be temporary. I don't know how long it will last.

    I nod to tell him I understand, but I have so many questions going through my mind. "How long have I been unconscious?" I ask. When Tony and Bruce wince a little bit, I can tell that I definitely said that a little too loud.

    Bruce writes, You've been out for two days. You have bruises all over your body. There are also scratches along your hands and on your face.

    Tony is the one who takes the paper and pen next. He writes, You really scared me, kid.

    I give him a small smile to show him that I'm okay now. As much as Tony is a pain in my ass, it's nice to have someone that cares about me.

    Bruce and Tony look to the door, alerting me that someone else has entered the room. I follow their gazes to the one person I cannot stand to see right now. Natalia walks in with concern all over her face.

    I take one look at her and yell, "Get out!"

    She tries talking to me, probably trying to calm me down, but I can't hear her so it doesn't work.

    "I don't want you here! You left me! We were going to get out together, but you left me!" I say, hoping I screamed it loud enough. Based on Tony and Bruce's expressions I have.

    This leaves Natalia with tears in her eyes, but she still has not left.

    "I can't stand to look at people who betray me," I try to say softer this time. This seems to be the icing on the cake for her because, after this, she makes a mad dash for the door.

"What happened?" I can see Tony asking me. The confusion is on Bruce's face as well, but I shake my head at the two of them, not quite ready to let them in on this little secret Natalia has been keeping.