3.the meeting

Everly Anderson

I actually felt some eyes on me the whole time. I know am used to people watching me everytime, I don't care anymore. But this was different. It felt different.

When I was with my friends at the cafeteria today and when my dress got spilled on by that mysterious guy and James had to go get me the same dress,the same brand but different colour - I felt it.

Shit! James.
Ive got to call him before he freaks out thinking am not ok or I don't like what he got me.

I suddenly remembered when he once got me a dress and I was so busy I couldn't check it out. I checked my phone hours later and saw tons of missed call from him. not to talk of the texts

"Hey?" I said as soon as he picked up.

"Eve, thank goodness. I was worried sick. Was it ok?" he asked on one breathe.

I giggled "Calm down Jaym. It's alright. Dress is beautiful. I like it. Besides it's same dress, just a cream colour this time."

He exhaled, relieved. "That's a relieve. I got you everytime girl. Wish you could see how much am trying, so you could give us a chance. Give me a chance to care for you." He stated.

I rolled my eyes. "Not this again Jaym. You know being exclusive with anyone is the last thing on my list right now. My hands are full. You know it too. Let's catch up later alright." I hanged up before we could even say a thing.

How many times do I have to say that to suitors? I don't think I can remember the count. Sometimes it was a ring sometimes it wasn't. I just kept things strictly business. Flirt one in a while. As someone vested in business, sometimes I had to lead them on to get what I want.

Life has taught me alot the hard way. Has taught me to be desperate enough for what I want, so I don't take chances I go for it.

Had attempted rapes, had sexual harassment. I handled them my own way. My dad has taught me to fend for my self not to rely on anyone.
Dad. I miss him

"Hello, Eve. Are you listening to me?" Henley spoke up startling me
"Wow this colour even looks better on you. Lover boy really got eyes." She stare at me smiling.

"For the hundredth time, am not going out with him" I rolled my eyes

"O -kay", she slid her hands on her lips showing she zipped them. I smiled
And the rest of the girls giggled while they enjoy their lunch.

"Aren't you gonna eat something?"Henley asked stuffing her mouth with food

"On diet honey"

My phone buzz. I checked the caller ID. Elai

"Excuse me girls, I've got to take this"

Well if it's not Elai my manager. I sometimes forgets he is growing older. I can't leave everything for him.

"Girls I need to go! see you later. Henley come home today would you" I said whiles packing up my stuffs.

"Got something from Melbourne for me?"

"Maybe"

"Would be there"