9. My lucky charm

Everly Anderson

"Holy shit! Erly, you finally did it. Am so proud of you." Henley puppy eyed me.

I stood up to get another glass of my freshly made strawberry juice.

"It wasn't even my first kiss,Ley. Loosen out."

"It doesn't matter. The Everly I know, would have shirk this whole thing. But am curious girl, what's next?" Her eyes widen with excitement.

"The end. Darling, I didn't even say I like him. He is attractive but that's all about it. It was a fling, lasted for the moment or something. Nothing more. Moli right? I saw the way you were giggling around her." I plopped on the couch.
She smiled.

"Nope. Am strictly into men and so is she. She had a crush on Harvey,I think?

"Who is Harvey again?

"Seriously girl? Are you even in school. That's Hardin's best friend. Oh... I guess you wouldn't know. You guys are super enemies."

"Hmm... I thought Mart was. "

"That's like his right hand man. Like his security, his secretary, his PA. He does all the substitutes when he needs him.

"How'd you know all this??"

"Your super annoying enemy is hot and rich don't forget that. He is the talk of ladies, you know. Many of them wanna get under him. One girl he hooked up with was friends with a girl on campus and she spread the gospel, that guy is good in bed as fuck" she whispered the last word side covering her mouth with her palm.

"That might be overstated". I rolled my eyes.

Henley is always so fold up in all this boys talk but I haven't seen her dated a single one.

She's this kinda people who believe in love at first sights,and 'you would know he is the one when you see him' shit.

"I know he's your enemy, but all those famous talks about him makes me wants to be slain too" she bit her lip. This habit of hers only betides when she's shy or thinking dangerous wild stuffs.

I boisterously laughed.

"Hey, am trying to make sense her ok."

"I didn't say a thing Ley. It's just funny coming from you. I thought I'd start buying long dresses to visit you at the convent soon. But looks like you game up quite faster."

"Thanks for all the support." She said sarcastically rolling her eyes. I chuckled.

"Am gonna break it first. Give me all your good lucks. He definitely doesn't do his college girls...it's like his rule. But, am still gonna try"

"Oh come on Ley, get a better person to do that. It always end up worst when a playboy breaks you. He doesn't do the college girls? He definitely would be pestered when the lady gets clingy. He's put alot of thought in this. He had it under control."

She nods her head as if she's just had an awakening "It makes sense now. He really is a professional. Anyway good luck with you and Jayson. I really hope this one last for a few months."
She avoided eye contact with me.

"None of them was a thing to begin with. It was all business girl... All business."

"That's what am trying to say... You get tons of gifts from different suitors who want to woo you... Let's not end this in business or some lame friendship thing like James. Let's live a little. Allow ourselves to be loved."

"I am being loved alright. Take you for example and all the suitors, even James."

"What about you? Why can't you just forget it all and be happy?" She regretted the second those words left her lips. I could feel anxiety climbing up her whole frame.