16. The way you look at me

Everly Anderson

He titled his head up and smiled at me.

"Mom" he called still smiling. His tiny grip on my three figures tightened.

"Sweetheart" my gaze went to his eyes, they were a deep blue and a little of ash. They sparkle with joy. His hair was golden brown like mine. A smile spread across my face, his joy was contagious.

"We going to grandma's?"

"Yes hun" It was like the rightful answer to give. But I was well aware of my reality and it is the fact that I don't even know why he had called me mom, did he just say grandparents?

He tilted his head up to the other side.

There was a man next to him, he was in his grip too. I didn't know who he was. But he was there.

"Dad" he called him. " Give me a pooseback or raise me with mom"

"Alright son" the man looked at me and we shared a heartwarming smile. Why was I doing that?

We raised him and put him down, raised him and put him down.

We all laughed and giggled as we go...

If I could only experience this feeling in a dream, I wanted it. Because I'd have to wake up to reality.

I opened my eyes smiling. This was the second good dream I've had in about 4 years.

The first was last night.

That dream always ended horribly. With fear and panting, I would wake up shaking, trembling at the horrible memories it brought back. If my lights were turned off, l'd have huddled at the end of the bed till morning ...that fear I might be visited in the middle of the night, that fear when the light turn on and I would have a pair of eyes and a masculine figure before me gazing at me while I sleep...that helplessness and restlessness.

Last night was different. I had asked Henley to sleep in the same room with me severally whenever the nightmares came back, she barely calms me when I wake up trembling. When I saw that patient at the hospital I knew I was going to have long nights with tons of nightmares for sometime. didn't know I could make it to the trip. But Henley encouraged me. Her silly idea about me pretending to watch a movie with Hardin to sleep in his room or on his couch if am given the space, even worked. It turned out better.

In that torture room in my dream, where I had remained for the past four years. I was chained as always. He walked in. All the boys and men who made advances on me were displayed right infront of me.. he had a chainsaw in his hands. I was screaming and begging him to stop. I couldn't even hear my own voice...it felt like I was cut of from the world that moment, the powerlessness, the voicelessness, the helplessness. it felt like I had lost the will to live.

Blood splashed on my figure and the white material I was putting on as he chainsawed a part each of their body while they scream. My tears were uncontrollable.

After he was done he would turn to me.

"Where should I start, should I shoot you first or take of your legs? That way I can have you forever, that way no man can look at you lustfully." An evil grin would plaster on his face.