10. Buy you lunch

Everly Anderson

I stepped out of the antechamber into the larger space of the five star restaurant. I took in the well decorated room and it's scream of sophistication. It was quiet and almost empty. There was chatter here and there among the little people that were around.

"Thank you" I smiled. He let go off the door knob causing the door to close behind us.

He nodded in response and a smile spread on his lips. He smiles a lot now that I see it.

A waitress led us to a table he had booked. It was near the glass walls which display a beautiful view of the city.
He's got taste.

"Thank you for buying me lunch. You don't have to."

"Yeah, cuz now the food's going to take some of your attention from me. I really wish we could go somewhere else and talk, where am all you could stare at but am sure you haven't eaten lunch"

I giggled.
Does he speak like this all the time or it's just me? Or probably because we kissed last night? I should let him know the possibility of something working out between us is 3 out of 10. With any other man, it should be 0 to nothing.
Even for him it depends on how long this last.

The comfortability, the openness I feel around him is so alluring and new to me. I feel like I can be 'me' with him. Lay myself bare before him and he would understand me. Console me even.

"Do you always speak like this to everyone?"

"Am so surprise at me too. I must really like you" his eyes were on mine. Now that I see it they have a bit of dark shades and an iota of blue.

"Sorry to interrupt. What would you like to order today Sir?" .The waitress interrupted.
His fist clenched, he took a deep breathe and opened his eyes. It took him a second and that second was scary. I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't so detailed. Who would behave like that just because they got interrupted when they were gazing at someone. It was almost like how ...Dave.. behaves when he wants to calm down because he is about to lose it.

That name makes me ache all over. Makes my heart beats a billion times a minute.

"Jayson Giovanni, who are you?" he looks taken aback by my question. But I couldn't wait any longer. I couldn't bring myself to take it a step at a time. I wanted to know. I wanted to be sure I wasn't making way to a breaking wheel of my past. It doesn't stop when you want, when they set their eyes on you, it's forever.

"Everly, you were already mine the moment I set my eyes on you, and there's no going back. You'll have to live with it."

No please! Not these thoughts, not him.

Please!

I closed my eyes to parry the thoughts trooping in. I felt a gentle touch on the back of my hand. My eyes sprang open. I knew he saw them too. The terror and fear I hid all this while. He saw them in my eyes.

"Hey" his tone was calm and gentle. He took my hand in his palm, putting his other palm on it. He looked at me. His gaze was intent and soft. His eyes speak honesty. It calmed me.

"I would never hurt you. no matter how much I get provoked... I would never. Trust me" he rubbed the top my hand. His words and gesture soothe every turbulence within me. I managed a smile. Decided to make a joke even.