6. regrets and apologies

Hardin Alexander

My mind was now in control of my fucking body. Walking me as fast as it can. Taking possession of my whole body. I've seen this before, I've felt this before. Is this what deja Vu feels like?

I could feel the anger and hurt of betrayal building inside me. I couldn't fucking stay calm even if I want to. Was already in front of them by the time I realized. Mart behind me.

"What the shit is going on dad? Why are you here? With this woman?" I'm starting to loose my shit, no matter how many times I  tried to remind myself this was a restaurant and I need to calm my fucking ass down before I loose it.

"Oh hey, look who is here? Hardin my son" my dad wore a grin.

Eve looked so surprise, horrified even. It's was if she could sense what's coming next. This is becoming creepy, why do I smell guilt all over her?

"Dad, what's going on with both of you? Ar-are you having an affair?" I blurted out in oblivion of my current environment and every eye zeroed on us.

He didn't answer. He looked around and back to me. His silence was killing me  twisting a knife inside me. Why won't he answer? There are a lot of thoughts running through my mind  at the same time and I feel like breaking something...kicking something to relieve myself. I don't want to be betrayed by someone I care about again. Fuck!

"Are you really having an affair with this bi-"

"Hardin!" He landed slap on my cheek.

Tears welled up in Everly's eyes but she held it in. She turned about and headed straight to her office. Closing up all curtains, so no one would see through the transparent wall glasses.

"Daddy, Eve, look what I made in the kitchen, chef Kai help me with it" Anna ran to us excited holding a plate of donut.

Fuck! This is a mess!

"Anna you here?"  I asked

"Yep we came here to ask Eve to take care of the food at you and dads birthday party."

"Anna,let's go home." my dad gave me a disgusted look, took her arm and led her away from me, like he was protecting her from me.

I looked at Mart...he just shook his head and sighed. This was the first time I was so rush in my life. First time I've done something this embarrassing and it's all because of this women.

"This is a mess."he said.

I sighed. "...I thought...Shit" I gripped a glass and it broke in my hand, cutting my palm.

"Boss you shouldn't do that, I think we should go now."

Mart walked me out of the restaurant away from the piercing eyes.

******

I have no idea how I should handle myself right now. I've never done anything to hurt my parent and their reputation.

This is the first time I ever disappointed them and I feel like shit. I stood in front of the sofa and keep combing my hand through my hair, with the other in my pocket.