𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 48

Kyle

I was typing on my laptop, on the couch of my office with Amelia's head resting over my shoulder, her eyes closed. I was trying hard to focus on my work but all I could think of was whether Caleb was safe or not. He was my brother but I let him go alone to confront his enemy.

My phone buzzed on the small table and Amelia's slowly opened her eyes and she shifted, letting me take the phone. I read the name and a I suddenly started feeling uneasy.

"Read his text!" Amelia whispered softly and I knew she saw who was it from.

I clicked on the message and what I saw filled me with anger, sorrow, pain and the need to kill. I knew it was going to happen, I knew it was a trap but I didn't even try to protect Caleb from going.

One down for you, one plus for me!

Few words, several meanings.

"He... he's dead.... Caleb is dead...." Amelia brokenly muttered beside me, tears streaming down her cheeks.

I didn't know what to do. I couldn't talk, I couldn't do anything. Anger racked through me. All of this was a mess, Vlad didn't hesitate to join hands with Miguel, he once again dared to betray the Bratva. My chest was burning and I felt guilty. Guilty of not having protected Caleb when I could.

Fists clenched, I couldn't control the anger filled within me, I stood up and walked out of the office but everyone were in the hall, shock clear on their faces and I knew they saw it too. I was not the only one Miguel sent the photo to, he sent it to my men too.

I walked past them, not giving them the time to utter a single word and I went into the gym. I removed my shirt and started venting all my anger and frustrations on the boxing bag with my bare hands, trying to calm the inner turmoil within me. I could have saved Caleb, but I didn't. He kept his vow to me but I didn't keep mine.

Their lives belonged to me just like mine belonged to them. We were brothers, we killed together and we died together but I failed this vow. We did kill together but only he died. The real culprit behind his death was not Vlad or Miguel, it was only me.

The door opened behind me but I didn't even stop. Instead I starting punching and kicking harder and more fiercely.

"This won't bring Caleb back!" Renzo's voice broke through the noise of my punches and I held the boxing ball, stopping it from moving.

I lowered my head, taking a deep breath as sweat dripped down my forehead.

"It wouldn't but it feels like I'm hitting his killers!"

I heard him move behind me but I didn't turn around. I couldn't bring myself to face him or anyone.

"Then let's fight!"

This time I turned to him and and saw he was also shirtless, his eyes held so much pain.

"Are you sure about that Renzo?"

"Just hit me, Kyle!"

I didn't wait for him to say one more word and I punched him in his face. He flinched but he returned my punch with a kick in my stomach and I stumbled but I held myself steady, with my one leg moving back and the other in front.

We fought, venting our angers out and soon Zyov, Ethan and Jared joined in too. We always fought just to piss each other off but this time it was different. We fought to vent out what we couldn't take anymore. We fought in the name of Caleb, our brother.

We stopped and I looked at each one of them, panting and bloodied, sitting on the floor.

"I've never imagined we would have seen this day, where one of us would be gone!" Ethan broke the silence, his voice filled with agony.